By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3 sold 5.2 mil. copies as of Oct. 4

ssj12 said:
If this is true... half of all 360 owners bought it.. WOW. WTF the game isnt even that good.

LOL ya who cares about halo, lets pop in lair a truley awsome game!

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

@erikers

Perhaps you should take some time and work on your reading comprehension. The total number of games sold is not the issue. The issue is that the writer is drawing a conclusion not supported by real facts. Why is this a hard concept to understand. Faulty reasoning makes the statements by the writer subject to critical examination.

The article is based upon a press release from Microsoft. Nowhere in that press release have they claimed to have sold twenty million console versions of Halo. The writer took liberties with the facts. They went out found a old article totally irrelevant to the question at hand, and then jammed the two sources together.

Nice sales for MS ... now if Killzone 2 could do at least half ... we would have a winner :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

IMO, it's most likely sold to retailer/distributor numbers. (5.2m).

If so that's friggin' huge for Microsoft - they're making no less than $40 per copy for a normal copy (normal prices dictate $45 USD per unit).

Time will tell what numbers are legit, but 5.2m sold to distributors is definately likely - and a major boon to Microsoft's numbers.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I bought it twice! Not because it's that good, just because my version didn't work anymore. Couldn't trade it in at my local gamestore without the receipt I live in Belgium by the way.

Around the Network

guess we will find out soon.

first week was US 2.6 mill Others 1.2 mill
2nd week probally US total 3.5 mill + Others Total 1.7 = 5.2 million

I say yes... And I hate halo.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Meh, Wii Fit will pwn it /johnlucas impression.

Kwaad said:
I say yes... And I hate halo.

But let me guess you like RFoM and you will probably love KZ2. LOL

I remember a few people on this forum thinking that MP3 would outsell Halo3 by a few million because of the Wii's growing installed base.