By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 vs. PS3 ?????????

leo-j said:
@Squilliam

There is a much higher failure rate on the 360 than there is on the ps3.. did you just make that statement up so he can get the 360? ...fanboys

Lol @zen

honestly why do people without a ps3 and a 360 comment on things? Its honestly pathetic..

No:

360: More chance of failure.

PS3: More chance of an out of pocket failure.

Since it seems he hasn't got the dough I think the former is better than the latter in his situation.

Tease.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
@Squilliam

There is a much higher failure rate on the 360 than there is on the ps3.. did you just make that statement up so he can get the 360? ...fanboys

Lol @zen

honestly why do people without a ps3 and a 360 comment on things? Its honestly pathetic..

I have both.

I have a LN52B750 that I play them on.

I use my PS3 for gaming and BR, and I use my 360 strictly for gaming.

Everything I've said is my opinion, and I stand by it. In fact, I personally think it's very good advice. Many, many people are interested in BR, and I actually was considering buying the new Panny BR just for Veriacast and Widgets(my sammy widgets are slow as all hell).

The PS3 is a great option for a HTPC without the work.

What's pathetic is you calling me a liar on an Internet forum, because you don't believe anyone who owns such a great console could have such a distain for its overzelous fanboys.

You know why I don't post pictures?

Please, speculate, by all means.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

leo-j said:
@Squilliam

I think he was referring to out of pocket expense. Both of these consoles create a lot of heat. Electronics that are heat heavy all break down eventually. Squilliam is indicating that the 360 gives you a 3 years guarntee that your console will work, or be repaired(very quickly, mind you) for free. The PS3 gives you 1 year(I assume). So, despite the huge descrepancy in failure rate(which the 360 leads the pack) nobody has actually taken a wash on one of those so far. The warranty still covers all 360s bought in the last 3 years.

The PS3 warranty, however, is out for many people, and were a lightning storm to strike and destroy the console(lighting = RRoD on 360, if your PowerSupply still works), then you buy a new one. If your PS3 breaks down, you "have it repaired" though I wouldn't know anything about how to have something as cheap as a console repaired, or you buy a new one.

What Squilliam is saying, is that a guarnteed 3 years is nothing to scoff at, even if your console is sporting a "maybe" 10 years. A 5 business day inconvinience is worth it since the console is much cheaper already, and comes with an amazingly comprehensive warranty.

RRoD is at this point, an inconvinience for most 360 owners. It shouldn't be a deal breaker for anyone, considering the excellent warranty and customer service surrounding it.

If it turns you off, fine, but it's not really that bad, when the console rounds out to about 200 dollars.

If if bothers you that much, buy two of them.

Another thing great about the 360, is used games are very abundant and much cheaper on Ebay. That's a fact.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

nojustno said:
Branko2166 said:
Get the console whose exclusives you prefer as the rest of their library is almost identical.

X10000000000000000000000000000000000

???? What is that ?

dude its entirely your choice

Around the Network

What the type of games you actually like?

if this supposed to be a flamebait then i can tell you to get something you seriously need.
but its pretty redundant since everyone uses that phrase.

PullusPardus said:

if this supposed to be a flamebait then i can tell you to get something you seriously need.

sports games for sure. FPS is cool too...

PS3 has a better line-up of games for 2009-2010 in my opinion all your going to see for xbox is halo reach,halo wars 2, halo ODST and who knows what else Halo Party? If you were going to buy a xbox save yourself the money buy a video card off of newegg and play pc games. You can buy great video cards on there for less than $99.

Xbox will break on you i promise you that, I owned 4 consoles before i decided to get a PS3. I was too selfish to listen to others saying Xbox sucks and well the truth is it does it can't even play a game longer than 5 hours before it freezes or something stupid happens. Just because i wasted thousands of dollars around $1,500 before i decided to get a ps3 because i didn't want to believe that my console that i been playing and i praise would get better over time but i gave them plenty of time and they havn't fixed nothing. There customer support is terrible i got hung up on by microsoft for no reason. Just like many of there other people on youtube that post videos of them doing this not to mention when you get your console repaired and pay for the new part but no your only paying for a replacement console with the same defective part so a few months later you have to deal with the same problem. Would you call that good customer service? Them sending you the same defective console while you pay them to do so.

Not to mention that PS3 has a internet browser and can play PC games if you install Linux. Which Sony supports there customers to do so and it doesn't void your warranty like alot of Xbox fanboys say it does. It does if you do it to the xbox but not the ps3. I can play WoW with a friend while he uses the ps3 and i use my pc. Its just awsome. So its also like have another pc in the house for friends and family.

sly777 said:
PullusPardus said:

sports games for sure. FPS is cool too...

if its sports games than get a PS3.some sport games are exclusive to that console like NBA the inside and MLB the Show.

if you like FPS's than get any system or a PC

if you like Halo / Gears Of War get a 360 , if you like Killzone / Resistance   get a PS3.

to me PS3 is all worth it cause of Heavy Rain alone (as it appeals to more adult gamers IMO) ..., but if you don't like that type of games than make your choise from the above

CodeJerry said:

PS3 has a better line-up of games for 2009-2010 in my opinion all your going to see for xbox is halo reach,halo wars 2, halo ODST and who knows what else Halo Party? If you were going to buy a xbox save yourself the money buy a video card off of newegg and play pc games. You can buy great video cards on there for less than $99.

Xbox will break on you i promise you that, I owned 4 consoles before i decided to get a PS3. I was too selfish to listen to others saying Xbox sucks and well the truth is it does it can't even play a game longer than 5 hours before it freezes or something stupid happens. Just because i wasted thousands of dollars around $1,500 before i decided to get a ps3 because i didn't want to believe that my console that i been playing and i praise would get better over time but i gave them plenty of time and they havn't fixed nothing. There customer support is terrible i got hung up on by microsoft for no reason. Just like many of there other people on youtube that post videos of them doing this not to mention when you get your console repaired and pay for the new part but no your only paying for a replacement console with the same defective part so a few months later you have to deal with the same problem. Would you call that good customer service? Them sending you the same defective console while you pay them to do so.

Not to mention that PS3 has a internet browser and can play PC games if you install Linux. Which Sony supports there customers to do so and it doesn't void your warranty like alot of Xbox fanboys say it does. It does if you do it to the xbox but not the ps3. I can play WoW with a friend while he uses the ps3 and i use my pc. Its just awsome. So its also like have another pc in the house for friends and family.

Anyone who spends $1500 on Xbox 360 hardware hasn't got an opinion worth reading. Theres a reason why they came with a warranty... Also Xbox 360 Premium + 3x Arcades comes to $1300 at the launch prices

Tease.