By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 vs. PS3 ?????????

Xbox 360 vs. PS3?????????

I'm debating between these two. I have a maximum budget of $500. I leaning towards the 360 because of the game choices but is RRoD still a problem. I'd consider buying the new arcade version of the 360 with the Jasper chip. Does it still face the same problem? Does the intercooler solve the problem. If on the PS3's side, will it have more games? Btw, I'm a casual gamer so not more than 15 hours a week.

Around the Network

didn't you already have a huge thead about this? do you need another one? You would think you got all the answers needed in the previous thread.

edit: Yep you definetly did have a huge thread already dedicated to this subject.  I really don't see the point of doing another one unless you are just milking for more VG$ (which there are better ways of getting VG$)

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=66912

What is your favourite game type?

How long until you are buying the console?

1) Flamebait thread.
2) You can't go wrong with either system.
3) If you decide to go PS3, wait a few months for SlimLine to come out.
4) Learn to make your own decisions.

Lmao here we go

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!

Around the Network

I will give you all of my VG$ (I assume that's what you're after) if you will stop this madness.

No one can really say if RROD/E74 is gone, but consoles bought now will be much more reliable at least.

Take a look at the exclusives list. Pick the one you like best.

Does blu-ray interest you? If not you can buy quite a few older 360 classics with the money you'd save.

Go with the Xbox 360.

Get the console whose exclusives you prefer as the rest of their library is almost identical.

I myself and a bunch of people I know have the Jasper 360s, and no one I know has had issues with them.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M