By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predictions, Again! (When) Will the Wii Overtake PS360 Combined?

If it ever happens, won't be this year. Maybe 2010's Christmas...

Around the Network

I think it'll coem pretty close, but it wont be enough. Sure the wii can afford a price cut and they got some big games coming out (nsmbwii and smg2), but it will be too late as the ps3 party arrives. It would take a miracle for the ps3 to drop dead but as just as it might happens, the ps3 will come steam rolling in with their big games in 2010 not to mention the 360 may have something up their sleeves.

Natal and ps3 motion will also have a factor to consumer gaming on the hd consoles and so will the continuation of high definition gaming. if hd and blu-ray popularity rises, the wii might as fall over. the ps3 and 360 are continuing to improve their core hardware to become more attractive to the wii and it might just be enough for it to change the wii momentum.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

How many different promised comebacks has the PS3 had, exactly?

Khuutra said:
How many different promised comebacks has the PS3 had, exactly?

2007. 2008. 2009. 2010.

4. So far.

This is invisible text!

I was stupid, I should have voted March 2010, instead of January.

I calculated abit, and it would be only possible this soon, without a PS3 pricecut.

Around the Network
c0rd said:

Hard to say without knowing the full 2010 lineup, but if Nintendo's is any good, hopefully it'll continue the momentum WSR/NSMBWii start this year.

I'd say 2010 holidays, meaning December (safest bet with all the sales)... but put me down for November, just to be different.

After new Super Mario Bros Wii, Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports Resort hitting between now and the end of the year we should have Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Pikmin 3 and possibly Zelda Wii all next year.  Plus project Sora and Retro Studios new title.  2010 will be a pretty big year.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

^ And of course PS360 have utter rubbish coming in 2010. Nothing even worthy of mention. And there is no Slim, or pricecut coming for either. No, PS360 has nothing new whatsoever on the horizon. It's all Wii from here on.

/sarcasm

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
^ And of course PS360 have utter rubbish coming in 2010. Nothing even worthy of mention. And there is no Slim, or pricecut coming for either. No, PS360 has nothing new whatsoever on the horizon. It's all Wii from here on.

/sarcasm

And of course that is exactly what I was trying to say.  Yep.  I literally meant to exclude HD console games line up, price cuts and new SKU's when answering a question about Wii's 2010 line up just to encite sarcastic remarks.

You got me, Skippy.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
binary solo said:

/sarcasm

And of course that is exactly what I was trying to say.  Yep.  I literally meant to exclude HD console games line up, price cuts and new SKU's when answering a question about Wii's 2010 line up just to encite sarcastic remarks.

You got me, Skippy.

LoL.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Viper1 said:
binary solo said:

/sarcasm

You got me, Skippy.

Eh? The sarcasm was directed at the variations on "killer Wii software 2010 will take it over 50%" posts. Your's wasn't really such a post, but it happened to be the last one that talked about Wii's 2010 lineup. I guess I can see why you thought it was aimed directly and exclusively at you.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix