By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predictions, Again! (When) Will the Wii Overtake PS360 Combined?

Ain't gonna happen. PS3 hasn't had it's growth spurt yet, and 360 is going to be a solid seller for the rest of it's life. My prediction is that Wii's market share will trend in a downward direction from here on in, but it'll still finish up in the high 40's.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Ah, what the hell. December 2010.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Um.... im gonna say march 2010.... its already at almost 49% so....

Khuutra said:
December 2010 seems like a good bet.

I like that graph, Killergran. That is quality. Where is it from?

It's Kowenicki's Gap Graph, it was part of this weeks VGChartz Gap Graphs. And yes, it's a great tool :) Wish I'd made it myself. I had a thread, but it was such a bitch to update that I stopped. Took half an hour or so to get everything right...

This is invisible text!

Hmm, I'm kind of torn here.

I'm going to go with Never as well.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Sometime next year.

doublepost

Squilliam said:
At this point its a toss up between never and a particular time... Actually I will go for never just because its the safer bet as its a question of 'not happening' vs 'specific date'.

Yours would be a clever strategy, if it would be a game played for scores, or something.

But even though my specific prediction is less likely to come true than yours, if Wii will EVER reach 50%, my prediction will be closer to the truth. 

ZxlceSinxZ said:
Um.... im gonna say march 2010.... its already at almost 49% so....

I think some people, like ZxlceSinxZ, misunderstand how market shares work, or overestimate Nintendo: It isn't supposed to constantly grow!  The Wii could sell an amazing 200 million units, and it would still stay at 49% if PS3 and 360 would both sell 99 million.

Every 0.1% of growth means that Nintendo didn't simply grow even more, but it is growing at a faster rate than ever before!

While I also chose a very optimistic date, I did it because I actually believe that Wii will have a surprisingly huge holiday season, and not simply because the Wii is popular, therefore it should naturally improve its statistics.

I am not Knator, could you fix that please?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

never