By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predictions, Again! (When) Will the Wii Overtake PS360 Combined?

Never.

Around the Network

If the Wii were to really sell 10 million this holiday season and assuming that current trends of sales continue, it would mean the PS360 may not sell more than about 7 million consoles. Last year, they sold about 7.6 million. It seems like it could be very close. With an influx of nice games, it may put it over the edge. It seems really too close to call. I'm so far undecided.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

A ps3 price cut, and a likely 360 price cut after it, along with the alternatively cheaper choice the PS2, I honestly dont believe it will ever happen. Wii has been going down significantly sales wise year over year, and I honestly do see a ps3/360 price cut stealing its market share fairly quickly.

mM

I'll probably go with never, I can't see a way for the Wii to increase it sells globaly by a big margin, while the PS3 and 360 still have some aces that can increase their sells in the long run.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

At this point its a toss up between never and a particular time... Actually I will go for never just because its the safer bet as its a question of 'not happening' vs 'specific date'.

Actually Machina you should do another one, say how long it would take for the Wii to go down to 45% market share or something, make it interesting for the people who are saying never.

Tease.

Around the Network

Neva

I would go with Never, but the Wii is still at it launch price so you never know with a price cut what will happen.

December 2010 seems like a good bet.

I like that graph, Killergran. That is quality. Where is it from?

Excellent

The Wii will never reach 50%

not confident with my answer but i'll say never