By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict lifetime Forza 3 sales. Just get the feeling that....

tombi123 said:
CGI-Quality said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
You're all nuts.

Although I agree that some of the predictions are rather high, what would you guess? I don't mean that in an ugly way, I'm honestly curious.

anything above 4M without bundles is utterly ridiculous. Anything above 3M without bundles is unrealistic.

I agree that 4M without bundles is probably out of reach, but I don't think 3M is that unrealistic.  It's only 1M more than the previous game, and the userbase has increased a lot since Forza 2 came out. .  Of course it has to be a good game to even have a chance, but I think it is doable.

People used to laugh when it was suggested that Halo 3 could outsell Halo 2, but it has. 

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
seece said:
tombi123 said:
By the way, Forza 2 is on about 1.8m if you don't count bundles.

Yes we all know that thanks very much ...

Well I would be surprised if we all knew that, considering you have to click on the sales history button to find that out, rather than just look at the Forza 2 page. Also, judging by some of the predictions in this thread, very few of us knew it.

Plus, seeing as in the OP it says sales not including Pack-ins, I thought it was appropriate to mention. The holiday bundle more than doubled its sales, so it is very decieving.

I didnt know this. Can you guide me, how can you see in the database how much sales is from bundles?

OT: Forza 3 will sell 5 million. 3 million real copies + 2 million bundled copies.

I think forza 1st week sales should be about 600k WW. LTD sales should be about 3.5 mil... Do you think it will outsell GT5p Ltd?

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

ROFLMAO at some predictions

the US pre-orders indicate a 300 - 400K week 1

the franchise is weaker in EU

I expect 2 - 2.5 Million

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I really hope it will sell well!!
MS just has to release a big marketing campain and sales would be fine.
I have not seen any ads here in germany yet!!!
Guess it will sell 2-2.5 without bundles ww

Interested in IndieGames? Just stalk me on Twitter!!!

-News

-short reviews

and everything else you have to know

http://twitter.com/Xbl_IndieGames

Around the Network

3.2m - 3.8m lifetime without bundles...

5.2m - 5.8m lifetime with bundles...

3 mil. 4 bundled.

4 million, maybe 5 if heavily bundled.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

3 Million

darthdevidem01 said:
ROFLMAO at some predictions

the US pre-orders indicate a 300 - 400K week 1

the franchise is weaker in EU

I expect 2 - 2.5 Million

Well that is an old thread... at that time, almost everyone speculated that Forza would outclass GT and be a genre defining game. At least, that was what Turn 10 kept saying. Since then, a great many reviews came and while not being a bad game, I doubt it is anything close to what Turn 10 sold it to be.

Hence, all those predictions before, the people who posted them then, would likely halve that. I thought myself that Forza would sell about 6-7 mil copies... but now... I expect it to sell 3.5-4 mil.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!