By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict lifetime Forza 3 sales. Just get the feeling that....

2-2.5 million unbundled, 3-4 million bundled.

Around the Network
seece said:
tombi123 said:
seece said:
tombi123 said:
By the way, Forza 2 is on about 1.8m if you don't count bundles.

Yes we all know that thanks very much ...

Well I would be surprised if we all knew that, considering you have to click on the sales history button to find that out, rather than just look at the Forza 2 page. Also, judging by some of the predictions in this thread, very few of us knew it.

Plus, seeing as in the OP it says sales not including Pack-ins, I thought it was appropriate to mention. The holiday bundle more than doubled its sales, so it is very decieving.

95% of people knew its sales were bundled, a lot of people blieve it can do 4+ million without bundles.

When has a sequel ever doubled the sales of its predecessor without a remarkable improvement in quality? Forza 2 was an excellent game and it only managed 2 million unbundled sales. 

Just look at Fable II or Halo 3.  Neither title doubled the sales of their immediate predecessor despite releasing on the much more prolific 360 as opposed to the original Xbox (and despite the latter having the biggest marketing campaign in HISTORY).  How could Forza manage such a feat?

I would hope the people making such outlandish predictions were truly ignorant to the sales of the first title.  Otherwise I fear for their sanity.  p_o

I think over 5 million LT.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

3-3.5 million if not bundled. 5 million tops if bundled.

CGI-Quality said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
You're all nuts.

Although I agree that some of the predictions are rather high, what would you guess? I don't mean that in an ugly way, I'm honestly curious.

Around 2-2.5 million. Why are people acting as if heavy bundling is a given? Forza 2 came with every Arcade 360 during the Halo 3 launch and the holiday season.

You're all expecting a Call of Duty 4 when it's more likely to be a Gears of War 2.

Around the Network

9-11 millions

eliasg said:
9-11 millions

*looks at guess*

*Reads the word "delusional" in sig*

--OkeyDokey-- said:
CGI-Quality said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
You're all nuts.

Although I agree that some of the predictions are rather high, what would you guess? I don't mean that in an ugly way, I'm honestly curious.

Around 2-2.5 million. Why are people acting as if heavy bundling is a given? Forza 2 came with every Arcade 360 during the Halo 3 launch and the holiday season.

You're all expecting a Call of Duty 4 when it's more likely to be a Gears of War 2.

Isnt Gears of War 2 at 5M??

the last one was what 4m so far hmm, ill go 6m with an very slim chance at 8 unless it goes mega bundle

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

makingmusic476 said:
seece said:
tombi123 said:
seece said:
tombi123 said:
By the way, Forza 2 is on about 1.8m if you don't count bundles.

Yes we all know that thanks very much ...

Well I would be surprised if we all knew that, considering you have to click on the sales history button to find that out, rather than just look at the Forza 2 page. Also, judging by some of the predictions in this thread, very few of us knew it.

Plus, seeing as in the OP it says sales not including Pack-ins, I thought it was appropriate to mention. The holiday bundle more than doubled its sales, so it is very decieving.

95% of people knew its sales were bundled, a lot of people blieve it can do 4+ million without bundles.

When has a sequel ever doubled the sales of its predecessor without a remarkable improvement in quality? Forza 2 was an excellent game and it only managed 2 million unbundled sales. 

Just look at Fable II or Halo 3.  Neither title doubled the sales of their immediate predecessor despite releasing on the much more prolific 360 as opposed to the original Xbox (and despite the latter having the biggest marketing campaign in HISTORY).  How could Forza manage such a feat?

I would hope the people making such outlandish predictions were truly ignorant to the sales of the first title.  Otherwise I fear for their sanity.  p_o

going from 2 to 4 million is alot different then going from 6 to 12 or 8 to 16. 

call of duty 3  360 2.32 call of duty 4 7.64    now for cod 4 2 do i expect 14+ million no, but if the market it an handle it right maybe 10, though i doubt it... and really i dont like the game

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog