By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - i finnally call it quits

well you might as well try and fix it yourself instead of paying MS.. pretty sure there's plenty of DIY vids on youtube now...

Around the Network

I agree with Piggy, if you've already decided not to get it fixed you might as well try to fix it yourself. Worst that happens if you're careful is that you break it more. If you get lucky you might get some more time out of the console.

Of course, I might be biased towards that avenue of action because I like tinkering.

Magnific0 said:
Another sad, frustrated customer, hell of a way to build brand loyalty for MS...it's only a small sample of the things to come, next year it'll only get worse as the majority of 360s with problems (over 8 millions of them) will drop out of the 3-year warranty and angry owners will be facing the tough choice between of having to buy a new one, buy an used one within warranty and keep suffering the death-cycle, or abandon ship altogether. It'll be quite a sight.

Those 8 million people had their 3 year warrenty expire last year

So obviously no effect whatsoever!

While the failure rate is atrocious i fell M$ has more than enough games that i feel justified having bought 3 360s. My most current model is a falcon 2007 model and has had no issues. Before you give it up try a newer 2007-Present model. the failure rate is extremly low. Besides when worse comes to worse you can always fix them very easily (albeit voiding your warranty)

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

another lucky guy here. i have been playing my good old 360 since 2007 and 0 rrod, 0 e74, 0 anything.

since the new xbox experience arrived i have always played from hard drive to keep my luck chances high, and it has worked until now.

Around the Network

I've had an Xbox 360 since launch, and only sent it back in once.

strange. i had the PS2 dying on me 4 times and its my all time favourite console
i have 4 PS2's now , even though my original Xbox didn't die on me nor the gamecube, its the PS2 that was my favourite last gen
(and yes i sound like that dude with 3 ps3s)

so i think you should give it another chance, ............................................ or just get a ps3 ib4xboxfansattack

seece said:
Magnific0 said:
Another sad, frustrated customer, hell of a way to build brand loyalty for MS...it's only a small sample of the things to come, next year it'll only get worse as the majority of 360s with problems (over 8 millions of them) will drop out of the 3-year warranty and angry owners will be facing the tough choice between of having to buy a new one, buy an used one within warranty and keep suffering the death-cycle, or abandon ship altogether. It'll be quite a sight.

Those 8 million people had their 3 year warrenty expire last year

So obviously no effect whatsoever!

No, not really. The 360 didn't sell 8 million in 2005 now did it? I was being gentle with the estimated number of defective boxes, too. The whole RROD fiasco exploded in mid-2007, that's when the 3-year warranty was implemented, and it took quite a few chipset changes from that point to the current Jasper to reduce the problem. Therefore I think I'm not wrong to suggest the majority of defective 360s were bought in 2007, and the warranty for those will expire during next year. That doesn't mean those defective machines will die soon after their warranty ends (most of them should've had serious hardware problems, obviously, and should've been already sent to MS one ore more times by now. That's not saying all models bought in 2007 are defective, I'm talking about the documented 33% defective population -note : not made in 2007, but purchased in that year). Add to those numbers any number of  2005-2006 models failing once again or for the first time out of warranty and you should expect a big bunch of unhappy customers throughout the whole of next year.

Good choice as a gamer, I hope you have a good time with wii.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

But, why a wii? the closest gaming experience that you will have similar to your 360, is a PS3.

Either way, the wii is really cool.