By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - i finnally call it quits

I have a 360 that I got about 4 months after launch (March 2006). It RROD on me in March 2007. Never had any problems with it whatsoever for the next 2 years until I took it on vacation and my relatives had electrical issues and their TV got zapped by a power surge and it attempted to take my 360 with it. I saw sparks come right out the back of the 360 where the AV cable plugs in. That 360 still works but the colors are completely off like the reds and yellows are not strong enough and it will no longer output through the standard video cable (only component and VGA cables will work on it). I tried to get that 360 to red ring for about 2 or 3 weeks straight by wrapping it up in towels, leaving it sit on the furnace vent and play it until it over heated usually about 5 minutes before it would do an automatic shutdown. I was hoping to force it to red ring again that way they would fix my console for free. Since I couldn't get it to red ring I ended up just buying a new one. I just don't believe its common that they fix these xboxes that they continually keep breaking down over and over.

Around the Network

I recommend you buy a PS3. You will like the PS3 trust me. You can sell your 360 and games and use that money for a PS3. Whatever you decide to get I hope you enjoy it.

badgenome said:
ManusJustus said:

Destroyer_of_knights said:

Fuck the Wii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TiMtDhiJ2o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u08OUgLvy_M

lol even though that guy in that video was a moron, it was still pretty entertaining to watch.

FKNetwork said:
Zomb1337 said:
Goodbye, we 360 fans dont like whiney bitches on LIVE complaining how their 360 broke and how they dont like to pay for LIVE.

^This!

And for the record, *IF* any of my 360's ever go wrong I don't have any problem at all with getting them sent off and repaired or even buying another one if needs be, I feel the 360 is THAT good of a console to stick with it through thick and thin....

Both of you are sad.  If you have the money to keep buying 360's then good for you.  Some people don't.  If you like sending in your 360 all the time for fixing then good for you too.  Some people like me don't want to wait for a week for they console to come back from repairs.  Then it will break again and you will have to go through the whole process again.  If you will do all that for a console then good for you.

Akvod said:
dsister44 said:
Ok, you will not be missed.

That was harsh... he didn't go and say "PS3/Wii rulez!!!"..., and I don't think he hates the 360's GAMES, and in fact LOVES them, and only has problems with the hardware.

It's harsh because as gamers we had to cope with those two pieces of shit reliability wise, the ps1 and the ps2, and no one raised shit about it. Sony gave us the middle finger and we had no other option but buying a new one every so often. 

But now, suddenly, reliability is oh so important and everyone makes a big stink about it.

If you want reliable hardware, buy Nintendo.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Bitmap Frogs said:
Akvod said:
dsister44 said:
Ok, you will not be missed.

That was harsh... he didn't go and say "PS3/Wii rulez!!!"..., and I don't think he hates the 360's GAMES, and in fact LOVES them, and only has problems with the hardware.

It's harsh because as gamers we had to cope with those two pieces of shit reliability wise, the ps1 and the ps2, and no one raised shit about it. Sony gave us the middle finger and we had no other option but buying a new one every so often. 

But now, suddenly, reliability is oh so important and everyone makes a big stink about it.

If you want reliable hardware, buy Nintendo.

??? What does the PS1 and PS2 have anything to do with the OP and my post? Accepting your words as fact (PS1 and PS2 being unreliable), it has nothing to do with the OP's bad luck combined with Microsoft's hardware problems... nor does it have anything to do with me feeling dsister (who took his post back very quickly) feeling he was being rude to the OP for no reason.

Also the reason why you may feel that nobody made a big deal over the PS/PS2 was that the internet was still young, and these types of big and easy access forums weren't in existence... and I do think that people should have made a big ruckus over PS/PS2 having bad reliablity. And it's a great thing that Sony learned it's lesson and did make a much more reliable piece of hardware... there's no gain from bring up things from the past. Accepting that the PS1 and PS2 were unreliable, aren't you now glad that Sony heeded your words and changed for the better? And aren't you upset, just as you are with the PS and PS2, that the 360 has some reliability issues?

-----------------------------------

On a side note, I do feel it's strange that the OP is going for the Wii. If the PS3 did drop out for some reason, I'll definetely go to the 360, since all the multiplat, 2nd/3rd party exclusives will be going there.

Its unfortunate, I've had problems with mine as well. But MS has normally been pretty good, especially if you mon enough at them.

The internet was in full swing by the time the ps2's reliability issues became widespread and the ps1 was recent enough for people to remember it was the second twice in a row Sony pulled the same stunt. But again, no one raised shit about it.

It has to do because it irks me that no one gave a shit about it but now all of a sudden it's this oh-so-big issue.

The guy is going for a Wii because Nintendo is the only manufacturer with a proper track record of reliability. There's no RROD, no YLOD, no disc drive going toast, etc.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

You'll be back... they always come back. muahahaha

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Bitmap Frogs said:
The internet was in full swing by the time the ps2's reliability issues became widespread and the ps1 was recent enough for people to remember it was the second twice in a row Sony pulled the same stunt. But again, no one raised shit about it.

It has to do because it irks me that no one gave a shit about it but now all of a sudden it's this oh-so-big issue.

The guy is going for a Wii because Nintendo is the only manufacturer with a proper track record of reliability. There's no RROD, no YLOD, no disc drive going toast, etc.

Again, aren't you glad though, that Sony did learn its lessons and criticisms and made their systems much more reliable? And aren't you upset that the 360 has reliability issue? Do YOU think that it's an important issue? If it is, aren't you even more glad that people aren't just ignoring the 360's problems like you said everyone did with the PS2 and PS1?

I understand how frusturating it must be for a company allow to go unnoticed/unpunished for something it did, but you can't excuse Microsoft's failures because of another's past failures.

I understand you're upset with people who did switch positions, but that should be irrelevant. You should stay true to yourself, and your priorities. You believe that it's a bad thing that Sony made an unreliable piece of hardware. You should now believe it's a bad thing that Microsoft made an unreliable piece of hardware, and glad that it's being taken notice of, even though you're upset Sony's failures weren't in the past.

You can't just harbor on Sony for the past. You should be happy that Sony changed in accordance to your criticisms. It makes no sense for you to continue hating them when they did exactly what you wanted: to make a more reliable hardware.