By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Must... have... Wii

I'm not buying Wii Play out of protest.

If you really can't think of many games to buy, get a VC Points Card with your Wii. There are a lot of great retro games on the VC, Ninja Gaiden being my favorite.

Around the Network

Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 are safe bets. They've gotten the most play in my Wii so far (already started a Veteran mode game of MP3). Super Paper Mario wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, then again I'm only up to chapter 3, but it was a rental soooo.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

If you're getting a Wii soon, I'd recommend you get it with these games (in order of recommendation):

Metroid Prime 3
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Resident Evil 4
Super Paper Mario

Obviously, if you've played TP or RE4 already then you can give them a miss. These 4 games will easily take you into November, when you'll have to choose from Manhunt 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Zack and Wiki, Resident Evil: UC, Smash Bro's, Fire Emblem and whatever else they can cram into their Christmas line up.

It doesn't seem to stop once we reach 2008 either, but we'll save that for another thread.

MontanaHatchet said:
If you need suggestions on what games to buy, don't buy it.

I agree with this.   Trollish or not.

You should be buying the console for the games because it has games you want to play.

Buying it simply for the sake of buying it will make you sad in the long run.

Ok...Streets of Rage costs $8. Wii Play costs $10. I wouldn't mind either one, but Wii Play is new and great for parties...what's the big freakin deal?

It's fine if you don't want to buy the game...but protest? It's like, less than half the cost of a pizza!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Wii play is definately worth the £5/$10 for it, i like the shooting as well and charge is fun with a friend (on your own not really)

SSX i think is a really good game, not AAA but its good, particularly the steering control by leaning the nunchuck, feels so much better than an analogue stick.

Games to play with GF/friends:
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Warioware Smooth Moves
Wii Sports :)

Games to play alone:
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Resident Evil 4
Godfather: Black Hand Edition

Other games i've heard are great:
Metroid Prime 3
Super Paper Mario

Near-future releases i'm waiting for(in order of anticipation):
Zack and Wiki
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
No More Heroes
Rayman RR 2 

As far as VC games, my recommendations:

Ocarina of Time (if you don't have Master Quest on GC)
Super Metroid
Paper Mario
Starfox 64
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Ninja Gaiden
Kirby's Adventure
Sonic (any game)
Actraiser
Castlevania (either of them)
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Super Mario Bros. (1, 2, Lost Levels)
Donkey Kong Country 2
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (if you don't own the GBA version)
Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link
Wave Race 64
Punch-Out!!
Streets of Rage

and a lot more hehe.   I of course don't own all of these on VC but I have played them all either on VC or back when I had these consoles.  The selection of VC games is awesome.

How to get a Wii without the lines: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B020070S
Preorder now for Oct 31 deliveryshipment...wow, it didn't used to be that long. It looks like the lines are getting longer. Anyway, this is a pretty good package (minimal forcing items you don't need) and somebody I know got hers through that same deal.

Something else from my friend: She said GS didn't charge her until the Wii shipped. But she also ordered it very close to the shipping date (day before) and it didn't actually ship until two days later, when the charge came through.