By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Must... have... Wii

Long time listener, first time caller. After having jumped ship ship last generation (formerly a proud PS2 and GC owner), I've decided it's time to dive back in. The buzz from on high (and vgc) makes me think i better not wait any longer. I figure all you smart kids can help me out here. Couple of Q's:

1) Is there an easy way to track down a wii? (aside from talking to clueless sales associates and driving all over town, because even now, after 11 months, i can still count the number of times i've seen a wii "in the wild" on one hand) 

2) Any suggestions on must-have games? 

Around the Network

Must have games?

Zelda :s

dunno any more that are out now..

Were do you live? Wii's are in stock in my area.

mM

If you need suggestions on what games to buy, don't buy it.

If you havent played Resident Evil 4, get it.

Otherwise Zelda and um, in Germany thats about it.

But then here you can walk into any electronics store and get one immediately.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

MontanaHatchet said:

nice trolling mate,

Zelda
mario strikers charged
wii play (for free remote)
SSX Blur
RE : 4 Wii edition
Super paper mario

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Well, i don't NEED suggestions, but since money ≠ infinity, i can't get everything i want all at once.

Leo-J: I live in South Carolina 

What area/city?

I live in a very populated and famous city and its in stock around here. Try looking at best buy.

mM
Neos said:
MontanaHatchet said:

nice trolling mate,

Zelda
mario strikers charged
wii play (for free remote)
SSX Blur
RE : 4 Wii edition
Super paper mario

Dang, even if I was trolling, I certainly wasn't putting much work into it. Only give props where they're deserved, mate.

Zelda
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Paper Mario
Resident Evil: 4

Those are must buys. What type of game do you like?, so I can give you a few more suggestions.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

First, don't pay attention to leo-j and MontanaHatchet, they are very bitter fanboys who seem to have something meaningless to write on EVERY thread created on this site...

Then, for your Wii, just ask your local shop the exact shipment date, and be there on day one...

And about games, Zelda, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3 and Super Paper Mario are the most obvious must-have titles (till now), but you could also try Rayman, Sonic, Elebits, Excite Truck, Wario Ware, the Godfather...

And later this year, of course, don't forget Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Zack and Wiki, Reident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, and a couple of others...

If you want to have some good tips and find nice games (whatever genres you like most), you may take a look at the Wiire: they have some great reviews, and grade Wii games very, very well... it's my favorite Nintendo site (with Go Nintendo, of course)...

http://www.thewiire.com/

Have a nice time with your Wii... :)

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."