By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Must... have... Wii

BenKenobi88 said:
Ok...Streets of Rage costs $8. Wii Play costs $10. I wouldn't mind either one, but Wii Play is new and great for parties...what's the big freakin deal?

It's fine if you don't want to buy the game...but protest? It's like, less than half the cost of a pizza!

Gee, pizza must be overpriced in Chicago. I can two larges for 15 dollars near me.

@Onimusha

Just because the Wii is cheaper doesn't mean it's cheap. After sales tax, it's nearly $300, and that's not an impulse price for me. Besides, how often do you see me blatantly troll? Once every few days, or a week? 

I don't want to sound ignorant and say you hate me for pointing out the truth, because that would make me sound like a jackass.

My comment was just too blunt for some of you little powder puffs. Oh, I'm sorry, did I vaguely troll in a way that applies to all consoles? 

HOPE YOU DON'T REPORT ME!!!

Around the Network
javierdacosta said:
agree on MP3 and Zelda... don't buy Wii play, just buy the wiimote, the game is terrible, so just those two and wait for mario and SSBB

That's not completely true...  there is one game on that disc which is damn well worth playing... 

TANK BATTLE...

The other games suck.... 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DarkNight_DS said:
javierdacosta said:
agree on MP3 and Zelda... don't buy Wii play, just buy the wiimote, the game is terrible, so just those two and wait for mario and SSBB

That's not completely true... there is one game on that disc which is damn well worth playing...

TANK BATTLE...

The other games suck....

I'll challenge ANYONE to prove this.

I spent last night playing Wii with my partner.....and we played Wii Play 

We would have played for 2-3hrs, and went through every one of the games.

By far her favourite game (and one I always liked) was the Pool/Snooker game. We would have had 15 games on it last night. The fishing was also popular, and the 'Mii Rotate'  game was up there as well.

Played a little Tank Battle, but it was generally too complex for her (moving, shooting, aiming all at once).

Her least favourites were the laser hockey (too hard for her to control), table tennis (boring). 

Just because gamers on this board don't like a game - that doesn't mean that the game sucks.

If the game would completely suck, no one would recommend it as a purchase - and it wouldn't have sold 6m+ copies worldwide (to date).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

My sister hasn't played video games since they went 3-D. I got her really into Wii Sports and Wii Play. They really help prodigal gamers find their way back into the fold!

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

I tallied up the suggestions made above and it looks like this:

Metroid Prime - 12
Zelda - 10
Super Paper Mario - 8
RE4 - 8
Godfather - 5
Rayman Raving Rabbids - 5
WiiPlay - 4
Excite Truck - 4
Warioware - 4
Elebits - 3
Strikers - 3
SSXBlur - 3
Sonic - 2
Scarface - 2
Trauma Centre - 2
Madden - 2
Mercury Meltdown - 1
Dragon BallZ - 1

Anticipated Titles:

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Zack & Wiki
Battalion Wars
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Nights
No More Heroes
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2

I think that kind of says it all. WiiPlay has two games that are played in my house regularly, the Tanks and the Pool. Those are definitely worth five clams a piece.

Around the Network

Try this site: http://wiitracker.com/

or search google for Wii tracker or whatever. Just put that page in your favorites and check it every 30 minutes or so, you're bound to find something in stock eventually.

1. Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition
2. The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess
3. Trauma Center : Second Opinion
4. Sonic & The Secret Rings
5. WarioWare Smooth Moves

MontanaHatchet said:

@Onimusha

Just because the Wii is cheaper doesn't mean it's cheap. After sales tax, it's nearly $300, and that's not an impulse price for me. Besides, how often do you see me blatantly troll? Once every few days, or a week? 

I don't want to sound ignorant and say you hate me for pointing out the truth, because that would make me sound like a jackass.

My comment was just too blunt for some of you little powder puffs. Oh, I'm sorry, did I vaguely troll in a way that applies to all consoles? 

HOPE YOU DON'T REPORT ME!!!

There was no mention made of price in your initial statement, you just said: Want a recommendation? don't bother buying the Wii. There's really no truth in that, the only claim of price was made after the fact in your sloppy defense which I never called trolling. Even then you must surely recognize how thin the legitimacy of any argument is in regards to using price to justify your original statement. I also made no mention of the frequency of your trolling. Guess you're just another malcontent who can't handle the fact they made the wrong choice in choosing a console and with all the negative press building on the Sony bandwagon are finally beginning to crack just like Hus and jjseth did.

Lol, also if you don't want to sound like a "jackass" try not calling people powder puffs, it works. In the end you simply just let your temper get the better of you, made a comment you know you shouldn't have and now you're just scrambling to make excuses for it and play the proud card at the same time. Pity your defense forces you to not only put words in other people's mouth sthat were never said but then needlessly resort to name calling, if you only you could control that temper of yours you wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.

Chill out everyone - lets keep the respect level up.

Remember... if you don't feel that you have anything *positive* to contribute to a thread... move along... nothing to see here, just move along...!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Also, to add to what Shams said. Hoboscientist logged into the site once. He/she asked their question, made one reply in the thread and hasn't come back since. There was no reason to jump all over each other over something so silly.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.