By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN vs. Xbox Live - which is better now?

ameratsu said:
JaggedSac said:
ameratsu said:
JaggedSac said:

Nope, that is completely the developer's fault.  Halo 3 is a good example of someone without gold playing over Live and locally with someone with Gold.  You are just considered as a guest.  This is functionality that MS provides in their API.

So in Halo 3 can I load my silver profile I have if im playing with a gold user and save my stats? Or does everything I do reset when I stop playing?

You cannot use a silver profile to play online.  You have to play on a "guest" profile of the gold player you are playing with.

That's complete BS then. Do you know rediculous it is trying to play castle crashers with a level 1 character when everyone else is level 20? It's impossible. Premium service my foot if I can't use my own profile (and my own built up characters) when playing with a gold user online.  In this regard it sounds identicial to PSN, which the exception that some ps3 games actually allow "guests" to use their own profiles to save stats. But ofcourse PSN is free.

Well, if I were the developer, I would allow a guest to have a level similar to the gold profile.  I would not, however, allow the silver user to use their profile.  That would be piggy backing.

Around the Network

What's wrong with piggy backing? I mean, someone is paying $50 a year for peer to peer online play and a barrage of other features. Why is it such a stretch to allow a friend to save progress online so long as they're playing in the same game as the gold user?

edit: I am fucking sick of people defending patently anti-consumer measures. There is no good reason why I shouldn't be able to load my silver profile and play with my roommate online. Hell, even if I got a gold account, none of the paid content would be transferable to another xbox making getting a gold account without my own xbox entirely pointless.

Premium service my foot since microsoft prevents stat saving and built character loading for mixed local/online play.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

CGI-Quality said:
@ S.T.A.G.E

It isn't about pride, many people don't care for the features of LIVE that you care for. It has nothing to do with pride, but preference which is why this is opinionated.

It's not about what I care for. I stated that on paper Live wins. Wait til next year, Live is going to come out with something that Sony will rip, because they couldn't think of it themselves.

CGI-Quality said:

@ S.T.A.G.E.

I don't mean to come off in an attacking fashion. You know we tend to disagree at times despite being friends...

Exactly. I don't take offense to what you say.

ameratsu said:

What's wrong with piggy backing? I mean, someone is paying $50 a year for peer to peer online play and a barrage of other features. Why is it such a stretch to allow a friend to save progress online so long as they're playing in the same game as the gold user?

edit: I am fucking sick of people defending patently anti-consumer measures. There is no good reason why I shouldn't be able to load my silver profile and play with my roommate online. Hell, even if I got a gold account, none of the paid content would be transferable to another xbox making getting a gold account without my own xbox entirely pointless.

Premium service my foot since microsoft prevents stat saving and built character loading for mixed local/online play.

You can put your profile on a memory card.  Depending on how stats are handled by the game developer, the stats could loaded upon sign in.  Paid content is transferable to another Xbox.  You have to go through a process of license transfer though. 

Not really sure what your beef is on this.

Around the Network
JOhnyBravoos said:
Well I'm sorry to tell you, it was you who included such stuff as Last.fm in this which has no relation to the actual gaming experience!

And what has Xgame chat got to do with helping while playing a game on the same team? Ohh yeah wait the PS3 won't accept any headsets at all now will it.. :O

Whats wrong with finding bands and recommending songs to your friends? 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
FKNetwork said:

I would but seeing as all our views are only an "opinion" is it really worth carrying on this argument for? seems to me some of us will never ever agree on the live vs psn issue no matter what we say or bring to the table....

And besides, I'm not going to win an argument against a vgc legend like you am I!?

To them it has more to do with a free product, rather than listing down the advantages. They use free and online browser, which still have nothing to do with the online community.

^ Totally agree S.T.A.G.E!

Just a shame *certain* people on this site are so far up sony's *** that they are blind to the superior competition.....

CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ S.T.A.G.E

It isn't about pride, many people don't care for the features of LIVE that you care for. It has nothing to do with pride, but preference which is why this is opinionated.

It's not about what I care for. I stated that on paper Live wins. Wait til next year, Live is going to come out with something that Sony will rip, because they couldn't think of it themselves.

I wonder though my friend, how come you don't merit any of Sony's offerings. That's just a question, I promise no disrespect...

I do like the fact that PSN is free. I just don't feel like I am apart of a  community. Home is weird to me. I like the PS downloadable games though.

This image reminds me of this thread.

Why cant you guys just let it go, and let each person have their opinion?

CGI-Quality said:
FKNetwork said:

^ Totally agree S.T.A.G.E!

Just a shame *certain* people on this site are so far up sony's *** that they are blind to the suprior competition.....

If that's a cheap shot at me, I'm flattered, but not quite. The shame comes from the issue of lacking the acceptance that not everybody shares your opinion. Let people be...

Sorry CGI, yes that was a bit harsh from me, sorry again....