By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nov 2006 Patchter: Nintendo is going to "look" like the clear winner in 07.

is it me or did that video mention nothing about pachters predictions for 07...

how do you get to parts 2 and 3?

Around the Network

lol Pachter didn't say PS3 would be the clear loser, if he did then he also said 1 month before launch that it would easily win the Japanese market and be the overall winner. He says a lot of things, he said Wii would win after it was obvious...

First eurodollarpounds, now this. Leo-J your credibility is ruined forever.

leo-j said:
@Kasz

If you have an HD tv(the only tv's you can buy in 08) Dvd's will look like utter $hit on your tv. I know cuz I have a 720p Phillips HD tv.

Dude, come on, you're absolutely way beyond reality here. I have a 1080 TV and I played gamecube, play Wii and PS2 and play normal DVD's on it and it looks fine.

I've said this before, in another thread, ordinary (=/= hardcore technology-lovers/gamers/film-freaks) people buy Plasma/LCD TV's because they're flat and stylish, not for the resolution. These people are happy with DVD's costing about €8,- on average and couldn't care less about the extra quality that's invisible to most people. I probably shouldn't remind you that ordinary customers are the absolute majority.

I will stay at the prediction

I will add it to my sig, if it happens im the new VGCHARTZ PREDICTION GUY!!!

mM
Around the Network
Globox said:

You know that most of the TV chanells already are or are going to be HD chanells in near future, couple of months to be precise. So if you have SDTV, than you picture will look like crap.

I agree that HDTV have long long way to go before they replace SDTV, but folks that even now have SDTV are not big dvd or any other high tech buyers.

People that care about buying dvds, they will switch or have already switched to hddvd/blueray, it is that simple.

srry for my english but i dont have time to spell check now.

Even if they all begin broadcasting everything in HD right now, the bulk of their content is still SD. And even once they do get more HD content, most of it won't have any real advantages over SD. After all, what reason is there to watch a sitcom in HD instead of SD?

And you'd have to be crazy to think that people who don't own HD sets don't buy many DVDs. If it were true, then don't you think that Bluray and HD-DVD sales wouldn't be sucking? And you miss the point by saying "people that care about buying dvds." No one cares about buying DVDs, people care about owning copies of movies and shows that they like. It's the content that drives things, not the technology. DVD succeeded because there was a flood of movies and TV shows rereleased on DVD. DVD was the first format to make boxed sets of TV shows comercially viable and that is the biggest reason why it succeeded. DVD added new features like director commentary and deleted scenes which made it worthwhile to rebuy old movies as they were rereleased. Bluray and HD-DVD don't bring anything new like that to the table.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

it could of course happen that PS3 sales go to 200k but since they lack so much in sales already it would take untill end 2009 untill the market shares off all next-gen consoles would be equal.

It is also weird to predict that PS3 sales would go to 200k and Wii sales go down to 100k. I mean, even if PS3 sales go beond fantastic the competetors have more headroom to lower prices and push sales beond the PS3's ones. Sony already used that headroom.

Some people here think that them=the entire world. They think that them=the center of the world... Well lemme teach you something... It isn't!

Not everyone has the money to upgrade, not everyone is interested in upgrading now, not everyone wants to spend their money on that sort of things-yes they have other needs, not everyone is a techonogeek...

I don't think that HD will be a standard anytime soon... Oh and for your information, there are HD channels and I have a SDTV and it doesn't look like crap.

"You couldn't predict 6:00 at 5:30!"

Oh shit, I'm quoting The Simpsons now!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

RolStoppable said:
konnichiwa said:
Gnizmo said:
Using Patchter as your source is a seriously desperate move. He couldn't predicy the effects of gravity on a bowling ball.

Desperate maybe but he was one of the few analysts whoes thoughts become true.

Auch ein dummes Huhn findet mal ein Korn.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

True,  but when Patcher said that no one believed him,  Analysts were writing articles that Wii would fail.

I am not a patcher lover but he said something a year ago that became true something that at that time was non-believable.