By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nov 2006 Patchter: Nintendo is going to "look" like the clear winner in 07.

This analyst micheal patchter right before the systems ps3, and the wii released, he said that a $249.99 wii was going to outsell the 360 and ps3 for the first year. Simply because its a cheap nintendo console. He also said it would sell very well. He also stated sony would look like the clear "looser" Because of the price on the console which would hurt sales for its first year....(wtf is he psyhcic?)

Also the analyst said that if blu-ray would be able to obtain the dvd market the ps3 would be the clear winner in the long term.

Now all that he states in this video, recorded in 2006 has happened. Also I predict as a sales guy myself that after Q1 2008 wii sales will drop to around 100k world wide weelky. And ps3 sales would rise to around 200k sales. 

http://www.gametrailers.com/bonusround.php?ep=1&pt=1

mM
Around the Network

No he isn't psychic. Many of the forum members have been predicting that for a while. Johnlucas's dates back to '05.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Using Patchter as your source is a seriously desperate move. He couldn't predicy the effects of gravity on a bowling ball.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

yea..so.. who cares?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Blu-Ray won't capture the DVD market.

DVD's will remain king well into 2010. Honestly, I don't think Blu-Ray will ever be more then a side format. (Better the HD-DVD that will die.)

I mean, look at all the advantages DVD had over VHS. How long did it take DVD to beat it? Now what's Blu-rays advantages? It looks a little better. That's about it.

DVD looked a little better too AND had a bunch of advantages.

Around the Network

@Kasz

If you have an HD tv(the only tv's you can buy in 08) Dvd's will look like utter $hit on your tv. I know cuz I have a 720p Phillips HD tv.

mM

So in a span of 4 months the plethora of SDTV owners will buy a new TV that is relatively expensive (as SDTV options are still plentiful) and that will cause bluray to jump to the forfront? Unlikely. HDTV adoption rates are simply too low for that prediction to be realistic.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I find it sad that the first 3 posts took up the same amount of space as like, 6 normal posts...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I think that in a couple of years(you can no longer buy an SDTV if not used in the flea market) People are going to transition to HD TV.

My 32' phillips HD TV 720p/1080i cost about $649.99 in Brands marts USA.

mM

I find it sad that this thread exists. I thought we had all learned about Wacky Patchy by now.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"