By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Home (a dud?)

It feels incredibly boring and sterile... and I'm constantly baffled at the micro-transaction that takes place there... people pay money to get virtual t-shirt or even furniture? How many of them actually invite friends over to their home space?

Not my cup of tea, but then I've never gotten into most of the social networking site buzz like facebook twitter etc.

Around the Network

I don't even understand TC. If you know you don't like to social network, then why even bother with home. It's like I know I hate FPS games and I just tried Halo and it sucks...

"In the end, you're always on your own."

~ Squalll Leonheart

Home is making Sony money, so it is a success.

I personally don't like it that much, however I do go on atleast once a week to check out what is going on and such. Contrary to what many think, if you're into the social networking stuff, Home is very good.

The games are quite fun too.

Let me show you why they call me the velour fog. Hit it.

I met her in a club down in old Soho,

Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like coca cola,

C-o-l-a, cola.

She, walked up to me and she asked me to dance,

I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said;

Leela, L-e-e-l-a, Leela, Lee, Lee, Lee, Leela

Leeeeeeeelaaaaaaaa

It's a free service for users and a profit source for sony, what do you want?

Carl2291 said:
Its still in "Beta" mode, i think.

Anyay, what more do you want for free?

Something good.

Around the Network

beggars can't be choosers. This is one of the few times where I will side with Sony.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
beggars can't be choosers. This is one of the few times where I will side with Sony.

Except we're not beggars, we're consumers, and we can be choosers.

@ op

It cannot be a dude since it sure as hell is real.

it is not for everyone. I have been on it a few times and that is as far as I have ever been, however, it is free service to get a lot of things for free.

Free Poker tournaments
Free Chess mini game
Free Bowling
Free Pool
Free Arcade games
Free Checkers game
Free kart racing
Free treasure hunts with prizes to be won
Free redbull airplane race
Free socializing within a variety of spaces from which some are customizable allowing further futures such as voice calling, sending messages and game launching.

That is a lot of something for nothing. I believe the real duds are those who do not appreciate a free service that offers more than what many people actually pay for.

The Velour Fog said:
Home is making Sony money, so it is a success.

I personally don't like it that much, however I do go on atleast once a week to check out what is going on and such. Contrary to what many think, if you're into the social networking stuff, Home is very good.

The games are quite fun too.

yea I also do not get to go onto home not as much, but the wife love's Home. I like parts of Home myself, and the sub games inside Home spaces i find pretty fun.

Its free so I use it when I can. that it does indeed make Sony some money so i do not think from Sony's stand point that Home is a Dud. Its not everyone's cup of tea, and that is quite understandable. 

though being that it's free i do not think its a bad cup of tea..

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

^ I'd spit out a bad cup of tea whether it was free or not.

The fact that something is "free" (which it's not) doesn't automatically mean that it's good.