By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Home (a dud?)

just give it time playstation home will grow and become more useful over time.

it has great potential and i have full confidence in sony that they can make it great.

Around the Network

I hate ignorant people my god..

seriously dont call something shit without actually trying it out, dont tell me you tried it out 2 WEEKS AGO or 6 MONTHS ago, because it does'nt matter there are community spaces that are simply amazing. The BUZZ space is one of the best, the EA space and its games, the other spaces are there social aspect.

I admit at first it was crap, now it isnt, you cant always live on a first impression is likely your last morality.

That is why people are afraid to buy KZ2 because of how different is is from other FPS controller wise..

mM
Carl2291 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Carl2291 said:
Its still in "Beta" mode, i think.

Anyay, what more do you want for free?

Something good.

Just because you dont think its good, doesnt mean it isnt.

You didn't HAVE to download it and you dont HAVE to go on it, so i dont see the problem.

Its an optional, free service what a lot of people like to use.

But I did download it, and I did use it, I didn't have to, but I did, and so now I am qualified to give my opinion: it's shit.

And when the main arguments are that it's free and optional just backs up my opinion. Do you know what else is free and optional? STIs... and I don't see anybody raving on about how good those are.

SamuelRSmith said:
I can't agree to disagree on this, because I seriously feel that this was a massive waste of money on Sony's behalf.

And although it could be making a profit, now (nobody knows, - it was in development for a large amount of time, and requires quite an extensive architecture - also, Sony's been quite quiet on numbers since that $1,000,000 in a week - could have died quickly), there's no denying that if that money had been invested elsewhere, it could have been returning more of a profit for Sony.

there's no denying that if that money had been invested elsewhere, it could have been returning more of a profit for Sony.

In you OPINION...!

you may not agree to disagree on this , but I will agree to dissagree with you on this. I understand you feel very strong in your Opinion on HOME and nothing wrong with at. but on the same token you are going to find people that do not share your Opinion on Home . 

Just as you would find people that do share your Opinion on Home and they would agree with you and there are people I am sure in the forum that indeed agree with you on your point's. I on the other hand do not.

so I am sorry you feel that way about Home and since you are not required to USE Home I would not use Home If I was you because it seem's to be getting you a little hot under the collar stress is not good for anyone esp. gamer's.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

leo-j said:
I hate ignorant people my god..

seriously dont call something shit without actually trying it out, dont tell me you tried it out 2 WEEKS AGO or 6 MONTHS ago, because it does'nt matter there are community spaces that are simply amazing. The BUZZ space is one of the best, the EA space and its games, the other spaces are there social aspect.

I admit at first it was crap, now it isnt, you cant always live on a first impression is likely your last morality.

That is why people are afraid to buy KZ2 because of how different is is from other FPS controller wise..

So, what, because I don't keep my Home fully updated, and because I haven't ventured into every corner of this giant 3D advertisement portal, my opinion is void?

Around the Network
joeorc said:
SamuelRSmith said:
I can't agree to disagree on this, because I seriously feel that this was a massive waste of money on Sony's behalf.

And although it could be making a profit, now (nobody knows, - it was in development for a large amount of time, and requires quite an extensive architecture - also, Sony's been quite quiet on numbers since that $1,000,000 in a week - could have died quickly), there's no denying that if that money had been invested elsewhere, it could have been returning more of a profit for Sony.

there's no denying that if that money had been invested elsewhere, it could have been returning more of a profit for Sony.

In you OPINION...!

you may not agree to disagree on this , but I will agree to dissagree with you on this. I understand you feel very strong in your Opinion on HOME and nothing wrong with at. but on the same token you are going to find people that do not share your Opinion on Home .

Just as you would find people that do share your Opinion on Home and they would agree with you and there are people I am sure in the forum that indeed agree with you on your point's. I on the other hand do not.

so I am sorry you feel that way about Home and since you are not required to USE Home I would not use Home If I was you because it seem's to be getting you a little hot under the collar stress is not good for anyone esp. gamer's.

Heh, I'm not getting stressed, debating is what I do best. Hence why 90% of my posts are made in political threads, and I rarely venture into gaming threads, anymore.

But debating is essentially what forums are about - all this "agree to disagree" works well in real life, but on a forum, it quickly turns things into some kind of arse-patting group, and a niggling curiosity for homo-erotism aside, that's not really where I want to spend my free time.

Only problem I have with home is the load times

For anyone not into the whole social networking scene, it's pretty pointless unless you really enjoy playing free mini-games.

But there is a pool of millions who are really into this kind of thing to the point where they spend more time in Home, talking to friends than they do playing console games.

Not sure that's what SCE had in mind when they came up with the idea, but... it's generating a steady stream of revenue, DEVELOPER SUPPORT is booming, and now even MS is trying to copy the success of Home by selling avatar costumes; something they explicitly stated they would never do when Home debuted.

MS has a very long history of adapting/buying/stealing what works. If we see a social gathering area for avatars in the near future, there's no denying it: Home was a success.

CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Carl2291 said:

Something good.

You didn't HAVE to download it and you dont HAVE to go on it, so i dont see the problem.

For some reason, many people complain about a service that isn't forced upon them. I don't understand it either, but to each his own, right?

So we can't give our opinions on Home because it isn't forced upon us?

CGI-Quality said:
Mirson said:
CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Carl2291 said:

Something good.

For some reason, many people complain about a service that isn't forced upon them. I don't understand it either, but to each his own, right?

So we can't give our opinions on Home because it isn't forced upon us?

If you have a problem with the service, simple, DON'T USE IT...But why bitch about it in the interim?

I wonder though, if it wasn't a Sony service, would you have even replied to me? Doubt it...

Don't worry, we're not using it. Why bitch about it? Because I would rather be using something that was better than Home if Sony had put its resources elsewhere.

I would have much rather had those resources go into something like The Getaway, and that's why I'm bitching.

As for you second line, don't turn this into a Sony Vs Microsoft thing. Firstly, it's unnecessary, and secondly it shows weakness in your argument, having to divert the subject and actually get in with snide attacks on the personality of the poster, rather than making more arguments against the poster's point.