By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do so few care about Little King's Story?

^^
You fail

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

Well, I would have bought it but I found a copy of Suikoden II in very good condition at a local store.

Well, that put back any other purchase for quite some time.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

noname2200 said:
SaviorX said:
The overwhelming majority of gamers who are even aware of Little King Story are turned off completely by the artstyle.

Also, the fact that it uses no IR or motion control just makes its place on the Wii unnecessary. If was going to use none of the systems feature, it might as well have been on the PS2.

I'm usually down to try things, but LKS is too much of a risk.

There is no risk when it comes to LKS. None. It's a fantastic title that, despite having some faults, nonetheless works on almost every level. I've made no secret of how much I've been looking forward to this game since its initial announcement years ago, and I can tell you that it pretty much met those high expectations. It's hard to describe just why this game is so damned addictive and fun, and I'd write pages and pages trying to explain, but suffice it to say that if the lack of Wii-exclusive features is all that's keeping you from having a total blast, you'd be best served by ignoring that and getting this ASAP.

Trust me.

Kasz216 said:

1 mil for Pikmin 2... something like maybe 100K for the overlord series?

The first Overlord was one of Codemasters' best sellers: it easily topped what they were expecting, hence the three-new-games-at-once strategy they pursued with its second-wave.

Graves said:
For the record I would be interested if this was a XBLA game. But a $50 Wii game... no thank you.

For the record, you're being a total fool. But hey, your loss, not mine.

tedsteriscool said:
We already have Pikmin, rendering this game pointless.

This...is not Pikmin. The gameplay is similar enough to be familiar, and anyone who loves that series should definitely look into this one, but LKS is its own beast.

Now if only this logic applied to FPS's, I'd be happy. But...

You know, he's right on all accounts. Easily worth $50 when you're talking about 30-60 hours of varied gaming time. I loved this game.

People shouldn't not support this game because it is creative, risky and from a small developer making an effort to bring core type games to Wii. No, people should support it because it is bloody brilliant.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

In addition it is usually the childish that avoid 'childish' things. It's a classic projection reaction: deny the thing that you are or are afraid of being seen as...

As people mature they don't give a monkey's what the world thinks of them anymore and can see the value in things, even when many others cannot.

On that note where is Grampy?

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

bazmeistergen said:
In addition it is usually the childish that avoid 'childish' things. It's a classic projection reaction: deny the thing that you are or are afraid of being seen as...

As people mature they don't give a monkey's what the world thinks of them anymore and can see the value in things, even when many others cannot.

On that note where is Grampy?

So true... i'm 40 now, i play for more than 30 years, and i don't care about most "real gamers" opinions: i've read so many stupid statements, so many dead wrong critics on gaming-related websites in the last 5 or 6 years that i only trust one thing: my own judgement and my own experience as a veteran gamer...

Back to Little King's Story: why do i care?

Epic adventure, beautiful art style, great value, excellent controls and camera, good game design, and an overall "sense of wonder", which is one of the most important element in my gaming choices...

The problem is that many don't have a good view of what kind of game it is: in a few words, i'd say it's first and foremost an adventure game à la Okami, with a combat system close to the one found in Pikmin, and with additionnal but very light sim and strategy elements... all that with a "kiddy" look (but only on surface), and a very, very japanese oriented art style and sense of humor...

Now, how many people were into Okami, on PS2 or on Wii? Is Pikmin one of the most successful Nintendo's IP? And how do most gamers react when a game has a kind of oniric, fairytale look? Do most gamers prefer japanese games over western games?

When you answer these questions, you know Little King's Story is bound to be niche: all we can do is spread the word, and transform it into a cult hit... it's a game that deserves way more attention than 90% of the games out there each year, so every effort to support it is welcomed...

But many gamers out there are so full of bias (to stay polite) that i know only a very small minority will take care... and after all, it's the same thing for many records, many movies, and many books out there: popular success isn't always related to the real quality of a piece of art...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Around the Network

I have the game... but like many others on my shelf, I haven't played it yet so I don't talk about it.

(it hit my buy range in june so I bought it... it's one of the games I wanted the most this years).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Voltaire said:

One thing ive noticed is that for a game scoreing an 87/100 on Metacritic, theres very little interest shownon it by the genereal gameing community. There was little to no hype for it, it bombed horribly in "Others". Sales aside, what im most shocked about is that gamers admit its probably a great game, then procced to say they wont buy it.

Why?

68K last month is not so dramatic for Europen sales.... Shoud get a decent 120k at the end of the year and 300k with Japan + US...

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

noname2200 said:
KungKras said:
Because I have Starcraft. I will never need a new RTS again. (maybe Starcraft 2)

Completely different games. This is akin to saying that, having played Sonic the Hedgehog, you have zero need for Mario Galaxy.

Both are platformers. But ok, I get the point. Games from the same genre can play differently.

I rephrase my statement to "I like Starcraft-type RTS games, not Little King Story-type RTS games."

I LOVE ICELAND!

Kenryoku_Maxis said:

KungKras said:
Because I have Starcraft. I will never need a new RTS again. (maybe Starcraft 2)

What does this have to do with anything?  Also, there's better RTS games than Starcraft.  As is a core argument being made in this thread, popularity doesn't make a game the best, or the reason you should play it.

How can you say there is a better RTS than Starcraft when there isn't even a game from any genre that's better than Starcraft?

Name an RTS game you think is better, and I will gladly give you about a thousand reasons as to why Starcraft is superior.

I LOVE ICELAND!

LKS is just a game a game that contrasts with current trends in Gaming industry its not "bigger, better and more badass" with uber realistic graphics and teh cell enabled physics.

Games that tend to sell well are big blockbusters with a lot of explosions and budgets, just like in the box office a bellow average movie like Transformers 2 will do well because of effects.

Wii owners might be different then 360/PS3 in terms of their taste but LKS is just too much of a niche game to sell well.