By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do so few care about Little King's Story?

Kenryoku_Maxis said:

People care about Little Kings Story. People are buying it.

Reviewers and 'popular' people don't care about it. AKA, the people who go around hyping games with big media budgets and tons of good graphics.

KungKras said:
Because I have Starcraft. I will never need a new RTS again. (maybe Starcraft 2)

What does this have to do with anything?  Also, there's better RTS games than Starcraft.  As is a core argument being made in this thread, popularity doesn't make a game the best, or the reason you should play it.

It's got a meta of freakin 8.7 

You honestly think that's showing that reviewers don't like it?

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

People care about Little Kings Story. People are buying it.

Reviewers and 'popular' people don't care about it. AKA, the people who go around hyping games with big media budgets and tons of good graphics.

KungKras said:
Because I have Starcraft. I will never need a new RTS again. (maybe Starcraft 2)

What does this have to do with anything?  Also, there's better RTS games than Starcraft.  As is a core argument being made in this thread, popularity doesn't make a game the best, or the reason you should play it.

It's got a meta of freakin 8.7 

You honestly think that's showing that reviewers don't like it?

Most avg games on the Wii get a score between 8.5-8.7.  I don't see much of a indicator from that score that a reviewer is saying they 'like' the game.  If anything, its the standard reviewer pass off score saying 'okay gameplay, lackluster graphics, not as good as a 360 game'.  As you can see by looking at the reviews on gametrailers or IGN.  Though IGN should never be considered as a creditable source anyway.  And especially not this review, as it was another of Bozons long personal 'I feel' opinionated rants.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

What is your definition of average? I don't get it, does the game deserve more? less? What's your complaint exactly?

Metacritic isn't gonna sell a million copies for it. It needs ads.

Torillian said:
What is your definition of average? I don't get it, does the game deserve more? less? What's your complaint exactly?

Avg as in, the avg score, not my personal opinion on their quality.

And as I haven't played the game, I can't judge it with some kind of score myself.  However, I can say that most games I play do deserve a slightly higher score than they are given on most review sites, mostly because review sites are comparing all Wii and DS games to games on the PS3 and 360.  (I wonder why nearly every Wii game is downgraded for graphics).

Around the Network
Lurker said:

Maybe, but who are you advertising it to? The snobcore and late-night MTV crowd will pass it up because of its cutesy graphics, as will many adults (who would also be unlikely to play it much because of the time-demands it places on the player. And if they don't play it much, there goes your word of mouth). Aiming the ads at kids might help a bit in the short run, but let's be honest, it's not a game that's 100% geared towards that audience; it really feels like it was intended more for adults (and I'm not referring to its difficulty, but rather its themes).

The game suffers from a major problem: the number of folks who can intuitively relate to it is pretty damn small. I fervently believe that even skeptics who play it will be converted, but what's to get the vast majority of people to give it a fair shake in the first place? Shoot, the amount of misinformed people in this very thread is proof positive that tons of folks take a glance at it, say "meh," and then walk away, never knowing what they're missing.

Ads might create a bump, but they won't lift the game up by themselves in the long run. What it needs is missionaries to push to people who would be interested in a deep console RTS whose cute artstyle belies a very dark and pessimistic game.

Ask me how that's working out.

now my gaming budget is low, and gotta safe it for MH3 which will release next month.So i'll buy it later but not now. :(

noname2200 said:
Lurker said:

Maybe, but who are you advertising it to? The snobcore and late-night MTV crowd will pass it up because of its cutesy graphics, as will many adults (who would also be unlikely to play it much because of the time-demands it places on the player. And if they don't play it much, there goes your word of mouth). Aiming the ads at kids might help a bit in the short run, but let's be honest, it's not a game that's 100% geared towards that audience; it really feels like it was intended more for adults (and I'm not referring to its difficulty, but rather its themes).

The game suffers from a major problem: the number of folks who can intuitively relate to it is pretty damn small. I fervently believe that even skeptics who play it will be converted, but what's to get the vast majority of people to give it a fair shake in the first place? Shoot, the amount of misinformed people in this very thread is proof positive that tons of folks take a glance at it, say "meh," and then walk away, never knowing what they're missing.

All of those definitely sound right.  But in the end, marketing does help sell the game somewhat.  There's other groups that will buy the game, such as core gamers who are interested in the game or Wii products (such as us) or people who just think the game looks 'cute' or people who like RTS/fantasy games, etc.  And for the most part, the best way to get them to know the game is out there is marketing.  People like us who surf forums or websites for gaming news are still a vast minority compared to the people who browse stores looking for 'something interesting' or buy games based on 'word of mouth' or commercials.  And all of that is led by marketing.

I LOVE LITTLE KING'S STORY!!!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

I don't particularly like games on the DS and don't play it. The name sounds childish.