By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do YOU care about sales?

keep it real. Why do you care about sales?

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

To use it in console wars on the internet

I actually dont know why i care,they make sequels thats the best i can think of

Lurker said:

that must be the most pathetic answer possible. I hope you werent being serious.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

infamous8 said:
Lurker said:

that must be the most pathetic answer possible. I hope you werent being serious.

Everyone does no one wants to admit it. Respect for lurker cause he admits it.

Around the Network

Because it's fun to watch current trends and predict future changes. It's kind of like betting in a horse race.

I like to see what people are currently spending their money on.

infamous8 said:

keep it real. Why do you care about sales?

It is the only true unbiased KPI for the industry.

The rest is fantasy...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

I do like to look at the life time chart of sales, find out which country it sold the most in or what country it didn't do so well in and comparing time lines to its previous consoles and what times of the year it had the best spike in sales, I Don't think console sales are as important as game sales though, I always find that really good games are overlooked by hyped games and don't do so well in sales, as i can see happening with heavy rain ,I do like to see what game genres sell well/not so well also.

C'os I want sequels to the games I like and I like to know if they do well enough to warrant one.