By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do YOU care about sales?

Only xbox 360 fanboys care about sales. That's all they talk about apparently.

Around the Network

As fanboyish as this might sound. It's good to know when a company whose games you prefer are making a healthy profit. Then you can get sequels of your favorite games.

WheelStriker said:

Only xbox 360 fanboys care about sales. That's all they talk about apparently.

Sony folks care too, they just don't have as much to cheer about

I like numbers

Just to see the general layout of things. The numbers themselves are interesting, but they do not dictate my tastes much less my success as a human being (a point that some people here apparently do not get). I own the consoles that are in first and last place. I would have purchased them irrespective of numbers, but the numbers are still fun to watch.

Around the Network
Taz! said:
kowenicki said:
Taz! said:
I like business in general, like to see how strategies play out and how companies perform.

oh yeah... and that too.  I am constantly amazed at how poor some CEO's perform in all walks of business...

Yeah, and then you find out how much they get paid each year and it makes you wonder where you're going wrong

It's not that I do or do not care about sales, but I'd have to say its the same for me as this ^

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

I like the fanboys meltdowns...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I care for three reasons, first, if players get big enough, games development benefits from this, second, it's an interesting competition, third, I'm scared that MS could try to get another monopoly and I support its two main competitors in this market, although I hope MS keeps on competing in it, profiting without managing to crush the others, but pushing them to do better and better.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Well selling games lose some of their price quickly, I kinda regret buying LBP now when I could have gotten it 1/4 of it's original price by now. >_

for me if i like a game i want it to sell well so that the developers can make a sequel. also its like rooting for your sports team the more sales the better your team is doing XD and i like to keep track of the console wars cause couse competition is good for the industry (and im rooting for ps3 XD)