By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What were the first, second and third RPG you have played?

Dragon Warrior - NES

Final Fantasy II - SNES

Final Fantasy - NES

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
It kinda makes me sad that so many peoples first RPGs were from the PS1/N64+ era, I mean that as it's sad so many never experienced those golden years.

While some great RPGs came out earlier than the PSX/N64, there's obviously some amazing RPGs on those systems as well.  Pretty much every 'gen' has had their great RPGs, as well as the PC.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

atma998 said:
Ok I gave 3 points for each 1st RPG played, 2 points for each 2nd RPG played and 1 point for each 3rd RPG played.

So far, here is the results :

1. Dragon Warrior / Dragon Quest - 18 points
2. Final Fantasy VII and Super Mario RPG - 12 points (each)
3. Final Fantasy II (IV) - 9 points
4. Pokemon Blue and Chrono Trigger - 8 points (each)
5. Pokemon Yellow, Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy X - 7 points (each)
6. Secret of Mana - 6 points
7. Final Fantasy III (VI) and Final Fantasy VIII - 5 points (each)
8. Paper Mario and Golden Sun - 4 points (each)

It seems strange that so many people played Dragon Quest as their first or one of their first RPG's, and yet it is still way less popular as a franchise than Final Fantasy, and even franchises like Tales of or Star Ocean that don't even appear on this list seem to be more popular in the west.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Little Ninja Brothers (NES), Final Fantasy 4 (SNES), Sword of Vermilion (Genesis)

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X

(as far as i can remember anyway lol)

Around the Network

Lands of Lore

Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss

Ravenloft: Stone Prophet/Betrayal at Krondor (got them the same day).

OKay so depending on your definition of RPG... this list varies, so i'll make it longer.

1. Zelda
2. Zelda 2 (more RPG than the first)
3. Battle of Olympus (close to Zelda 2)
4. Shadowgate (dungeon crawler)
5. Racoon City (errr beat them up with RPG elements?)
6. Dragon warrior (got turned off by the fight with menus... that one was a rental too so I didin't give it an other shot).

I think my first real turn based one that I played were the FFs legends (played adventure and well wanted the same thing but i still liked what I got). Then FFIV, breath of Fire.... and all the ones I could get my hands on on the SNES after that.

7. FF Adv
8. FF L 1
9-10-11 FF L2-3 IV

Edit:

OOps forgot some....

insert between 4 and 5 :

Les Chevaliers du Zodiac ( Saint Seiya ) (like zelda 2, many RPG elements... also with actual menu fights if I recall? would make it a real RPG and my first)

Dragon ball (NES) like a mix of zelda and street fighter (bosses were street fighter type fights :p) but with RPG aspects...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

1. Diablo II

2. Final Fantasy X

3. Fianl Fantasy X-2.

all awesome games.

I guess it went somewhat like this:

1. Pokemon Blue

2. Fallout 2

3. Pokemon Silver

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Eye of Beholder
Pool of Radience
can't remember but something ancient on amiga :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB