By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has no idea why core titles don't sell (and more)

I think she knows (same reasons we've been pitching around forever), but didn't say merely for fear of irritating SEGA

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Ryudo said:
Halo was boring to me. I found Okami very fun.

Well clearly its not the kind of game the masses enjoy.

Who is Kraigler?
And Wired don't know gaming anyways.

DO you honestly expect a Nintendo rep to answer questions about why a third party's games are doing as well as some think they should be doing?

You cannot really win -- so you don't answer it. Plus, since Sega seems to be relatively pleased with its investment, you note that the games sell differently on the Wii, so these things could change over time.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Everyone thinking those sales are poor have obviously forgotten how rare smash hits were in the 6th gen, and have forgotten that HD games NEED higher sales due to their budgets.

Wii games don't need big sales save for the biggest games. MW and TC are not.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
sguy78 said:
Better games equal better sales.

Okami, Beyond Good & Evil, Viewtiful Joe, etc say hello.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
LordTheNightKnight said:
Everyone thinking those sales are poor have obviously forgotten how rare smash hits were in the 6th gen, and have forgotten that HD games NEED higher sales due to their budgets.

Wii games don't need big sales save for the biggest games. MW and TC are not.

The mindset nowadays has been skewed to think selling 1 million copies right out of the gate isn't successful. Games like Crackdown on the 360 selling 1.5 million and still underperforming may be how it works on the PS3/360, but Wii games never reach that kind of territory.

This isn't to say that Madworld didn't underperform. Indeed its opening sales were encouraging, but the legs were cut from under it by its short length. However, House of the Dead: Overkill has succeeded greatly at 315,000 copies sold and averages about 5k a week. Madworld averages about 3.5k a week and has passed 250k already. The Conduit has 160k after a month and should have around 270k after 10 weeks are up.

End of 09: Madworld - 330k, House of the Dead- 430k, The Conduit- 375k.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

i think what the wii lack it's certain demographic.

resident evil 4 sold because RE 4 was originally a gamecube game, even GC fanboys praised over later released ps2 version because it had inferior graphics.
the RE 4 now had better graphics than the ps2 and easy to play controls and many wii others are decofacto nintendo followers.
but thats not the case with other games... they don't have the following resident evil 4 had, their demography it's in another console, why FPS sell better on the 360 and FIFA and pes sell better on the ps3, or all capcom games released recently SF4 and RE 5.
while some game managed to find a small success, when you put the games where they should FPS they sell decently at least better than the competition (white knight chronicles as in jrpg in japan, COD 4 on 360).

radioioRobert said:
sguy78 said:

If those were the best games the industry had to offer I would find a new hobby.

Graves said:
radioioRobert said:
sguy78 said:

If those were the best games the industry had to offer I would find a new hobby.

Forget personal opinion. I really doubt you've never run across a game you loved that sold poorly.

The fact is that those games were critically acclaimed, and critical reviews don't equate sales. MK Wii vs GTA IV has proven that big time.

Madworld got better reviews than The Conduit, but both are selling at the same respective rate.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs