By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How overrun is this site with Sony fanboys?

Glorious, another "Sony fanboys are shit!" thread!

Here's my take on this site's fanboys (and fanboys in general, really).

A multiplat game is launched (such as CoD World at War):

Wii fanboys; "graphics don't matter and our version has superior controls."

PS3 fanboys; "Teh C3ll will ensure our superiority on multiplats, all that untapped power."

360 fanboys; "Everyone knows that the 360's GPU is far better than the PS3's and thus, our version is definitive."

PS3 fanboys; "RROD, lol."

360 fanboys; "No games or achievements, lol."

PS3 and 360 fanboys in unison; "Wii is for kids and has horrible graphics, lol."

Wii fanboys; "We have the bigger installed base and once 3rd parties come around it we will dominate even more."

PS3 fanboys; "Yeah, well when game -insert Messiah title here- comes along and saves the PS3, you'll see!"

360 fanboys; "No, you'll lose all your exclusives and we'll keep ours."

Wii fanboys and PS3 fanboys in unison; "But all your games are on PC as well, lol."

360 fanboys make a thread whining about how stupid Sony fanboys are;

"They are deluded and they suck etc. I'm a lot better, more highly educated and besides, the new chipsets don't fry as often anyway."

PS3 fanboys attack thread in force;

"Lol, RROD. We're not stupid, you are for making this thread. You and the Wii fanboys are mean. *cries*"

Wii fanboys ride in on their high horse;

"You're all stupid, the Wii kicks ass and is the better console, as is clearly shown in the sales. Mario Kart has sold a lot more than Gran Turismo and Forza and that also proves that it is a far better game. Besides, our controller kicks ass."

360 fanboys; "We have Halo. The mods hate us and are Sony biased or stupid PC fanboys."

Wii fanboys; "We have Mario. The mods are Sony fanboys and can't recognize the genius of cooking games."

PS3 fanboys; "We have... other stuff and teh C3ll. The mods are not Sony fanboys because they once banned Crazzyman and some other Playstation owners. Everyone is mean. Bohoo. Sob. Etc."

Thread gets locked and mods facepalm in front of their monitors, contemplating banning the entire community for a couple of weeks so they could get some laundry done, eat, sleep and generally do other things than break up schoolyard fights between children who play King of the Hill.

Around the Network

wow...just...wow...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Mummelmann said:

PS3 fanboys; "Teh C3ll will ensure our superiority on multiplats, all that untapped power."

360 fanboys; "Everyone knows that the 360's GPU is far better than the PS3's and thus, our version is definitive."

PS3 and 360 fanboys in unison; "Wii is for kids and has horrible graphics, lol."

Wii fanboys; "We have the bigger installed base and once 3rd parties come around it we will dominate even more."

PS3 fanboys; "Yeah, well when game -insert Messiah title here- comes along and saves the PS3, you'll see!"

Wii fanboys and PS3 fanboys in unison; "But all your games are on PC as well, lol."

"They are deluded and they suck etc. I'm a lot better, more highly educated and besides, the new chipsets don't fry as often anyway."

"Lol, RROD. We're not stupid, you are for making this thread. You and the Wii fanboys are mean. *cries*"

"You're all stupid, the Wii kicks ass and is the better console, as is clearly shown in the sales. Mario Kart has sold a lot more than Gran Turismo and Forza and that also proves that it is a far better game. Besides, our controller kicks ass."

360 fanboys; "We have Halo. The mods hate us and are Sony biased or stupid PC fanboys."

Wii fanboys; "We have Mario. The mods are Sony fanboys and can't recognize the genius of cooking games."

PS3 fanboys; "We have... other stuff and teh C3ll. The mods are not Sony fanboys because they once banned Crazzyman and some other Playstation owners. Everyone is mean. Bohoo. Sob. Etc."

Thread gets locked and mods facepalm in front of their monitors, contemplating banning the entire community for a couple of weeks so they could get some laundry done, eat, sleep and generally do other things than break up schoolyard fights between children who play King of the Hill.

you're biased

Best games are on PS3, that's why it has more fans everywhere in the world.

mario64 said:

If I were you, I'd take a look at the sales on the homepage. It clearly has the least fans.

Around the Network
selnor said:
mario64 said:

If I were you, I'd take a look at the sales on the homepage. It clearly has the least fans.

The problem is that those fans don't buy enough...

Are they really fans ?

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Mummelmann said:

...Except that mods are often joining in the "conversation"

But apart from that, yeah, you summed it up pretty well. Except you didn't mention a couple of things:

PS3 fanboys: $300 PS3 will be in first place!

360 fanboys: LOL no, it won't even overtake the 360!

Wii fanboys: LOL no, it'll overtake the 360, but not the Wii!

360 fanboys: MAG was delayed!

PS3 fanboys: No it wasn't!

360 fanboys: Yes it is, GameStop said so.

Wii fanboys: The Conduit > MAG!

360 fanboys: 360 is beating PS3!

PS3 fanboys: Quality is better than sales!

360 fanboys: Yes but 360 has more 90+ titles on Metacritic!

PS3 fanboys: Metacritic sucks!

360 fanboys: Metacritic and sales are the only two indicators of quality!

*Wii game gets low score*

Wii fanboys: ZOMG THIS REVIEWER IS WII BIASED!

PS3 and 360 fanboys: No, the game just sucks!

Wii fanboys: No it doesn't! See, *insert reviewer name here* gave the game a 9!

(I admit this applies to PS3 fanboys as well)

Neutral Poster: *Insert PS3 exclusive* wasn't really good and here's why:

PS3 fanboy: FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING 360 FANBOY!

There are more.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The real question posed here is not that any particular fanboy is worse than another but rather why is it the number of PS3 fanboys appear disproportionally greater than the others.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Has it ever entered your mind that the vast majority of Sony poll voters probably don't take the things seriously?

OK taking your point...

Why is that the Sony voters disproportionally take the votes less seriously.

See what I did there.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.