By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NAMCO BANDAI Games Comic-Con 2009 game lineup

Voltaire said:
Dont get me wrong, giant franchises sell great on PSP, but on average its games dont sell that well. I remember reading an article on how your generic DS game sold 3 times (like 300k or somthing) what your generic PSP game sold. Sony designed with odd flaws, then managed it poorly. Games were overpriced, UMD movies never took off, etc

When an easy PS2/Wii port is possible, why keep it PSP exclusive?

When an easy PS2/PSP port is possible, why keep it Wii exclusive?

This mentatilty will get us no where. Games are designed with certain bits of hardware in mind. The PSP has done many great things in reviving old franchises and bringing current ones to even greater success.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

To be quite honest, We Cheer 2 was actually a lot of fun when I played it at E3. Check out the video of Evan and I playing it - it's quite similar to Elite Beat Agents.

But that game aside, this is unacceptable.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

@outlawauron

Your right, and i think thats why there are many poor Wii games, simply ported over from PS2.

But the PSP audience is largly the same to home console markets. Games like MGS GTA, and GoW prove it. However, the system doesnt satisfy handheld games since its libary belongs to a console, and it doesnt satisfy console games since its a handheld. Hell, i think the similarity was a flaw to begin with. What i wont see is either PSP game doing all that well. With the obvious lack of fighting games on Wii, i think a solid fanbase could have arroused. Ex, Conduit.

I agree with Soriku actually... I'd rather have Tales of Graces then Tekken (vomit) and Soul Calibur. Not that Soul Calibur wouldn't be awesome.

But still, I fail to see why this is even a big deal.

Well, it's just personal preferences. I loved Tekken 3 on my PS1, So I would love a Tekken on Wii. Also why would I call it a late port since the HD version are already later ports from the arcades, and what's worse, PSP is getting Tekken 6 simultaneously I think.

Soul Calibur was great too on DC and GC so I would love to have it, would be better if it's a ground up game like the one PSP is getting, why would I complain about that? Only Soriku is capable of calling people whiners because they don't care about Tales, just let it be, not everyone likes that series. Not a bad one but I rather have a great fighting game.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

It is Soul Calibur IV, minus Darth Vader.  Krados is in it now, along with some other PSP exclusive characters.

...well that sucks..

wii got the shaft thats for sure.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

No M+ Soul Calibur = FAIL

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

axumblade said:
outlawauron said:
Voltaire said:
Why PSP though? Piracy is through the roof, and for the most part software sales are minimum. It still suprises me that the system is still around.

What is this? Games are still selling well.......

Not only that but Clash of the Ninja 3 is being worked on for the Wii. It's not at Comic Con but it's already in our database.

In the mean time Soul Calibur had a crappy Wii game that came out (which I'd rather there have been no game then a game that bad.)

And from reports, the control worked, but got tiring from extended use. Something a timed fighting game wouldn't have had.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs