By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NAMCO BANDAI Games Comic-Con 2009 game lineup

wiifan75 said:

Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo (Wii)

We Cheer 2 (Wii)

ACTIVE LIFE: Extreme Challenge (Wii)

Food Network: Cook or Be Cooked (Wii)

No Wii game collection could possibly be complete without Cook or Be Cooked. 

I mean, this is by the same developers who did Ghostbusters Wii so you know how they strive to push the Wii.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
wiifan75 said:

Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo (Wii)

We Cheer 2 (Wii)

ACTIVE LIFE: Extreme Challenge (Wii)

Food Network: Cook or Be Cooked (Wii)

No Wii game collection could possibly be complete without Cook or Be Cooked. 

I mean, this is by the same developers who did Ghostbusters Wii so you know how they strive to push the Wii.

I didn't realise that. Can I cook as the Slimer character in a hotel hallway off of a room-service cart? Then maybe it will have something to entice me. LOL

Consoles owned: NES, N64, PS1, GC, PS2, Wii.

Currently playing...

Companies will release bad casual-only line-ups, then say games won't sell on the Wii.

It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Namco made 2 of the best third party games on the wii: Tales of Symphonia 2 and Klonoa :)

Wasnt expecting anything else from Namco.

Around the Network

Namco doesn't care much about the Wii I think. How is porting Soul Calibur 4/Tekken 6 to PSP that different than porting it to the Wii? I remember the Tekken 6 producer saying that if Wii fans wanted Tekken on Wii they should cry and beg. PSP owners did neither and got it. I even made a thread about it this year. I honestly think third party devs are joking with Nintendo. They spend money to have a laugh.

And Dragon Ball is a mediocre game according to Famitsu. I think all they did was reuse the Klonoa engine with DB characters. I wonder why can't devs make some serious games once in a while. Was it that hard to make a proper DB adventure or action game? Maybe RPG? Why a dumb sidescrolling game that has already been shot down by Famitsu. Better getting nothing than effortless games.

Tales of Graces if the only serious game coming up from them, hope it's not the last, but recent announcements haven't been a good indication. Even other publishers have to bring their games to the USA because they weren't going to, like SkyCrawlers or Fragile. I won't beg for their games if that's what they pretend, it's becoming a common trend for third parties to come out and say "if you want X game you have to work hard to get it! Scream, make petitions, cry, beg!", but then the PSP ends up getting the games.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Why PSP though? Piracy is through the roof, and for the most part software sales are minimum. It still suprises me that the system is still around.

Voltaire said:
Why PSP though? Piracy is through the roof, and for the most part software sales are minimum. It still suprises me that the system is still around.

What is this? Games are still selling well.......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

^ yup, just bought war of the lions!

Dont get me wrong, giant franchises sell great on PSP, but on average its games dont sell that well. I remember reading an article on how your generic DS game sold 3 times (like 300k or somthing) what your generic PSP game sold. Sony designed with odd flaws, then managed it poorly. Games were overpriced, UMD movies never took off, etc

When an easy PS2/Wii port is possible, why keep it PSP exclusive?