By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sub $300 PS3 80gb Sells Out Instantly

When you take an expensive product and sell a limited quantity at a lower price a rapid sell out is not really a sign of massive demand at that price. Suppose for a moment that you have three stores that each have ten consoles on hand and they each (typically) sell 6 consoles in a week; if one of the stores reduces the price of their console dramatically and sells out the ten consoles it had on hand (almost) immediate, and the other two stores sell 4 consoles there has been no more people to buy that console than there was durring a typical week.

Around the Network

It's not indicative of anything. It's funny to see fanboys get so excited over a retailer selling a few used units of their console of choice at a price cut.

personally i believe once sony drops the price cut to 300$, it will be selling like hotcakes maybe as much as the wii

infact i have alot of friends waiting on the price cut so they can get ps3's

CGI-Quality said:
piningforthefjords said:

It's not indicative of anything. It's funny to see fanboys get so excited over a retailer selling a few used units of their console of choice at a price cut.

It's even funnier that people come in just to observe it, even though they have no interest in the material.

I have interest in the material. I want to see the PS3 succeed. I really do. But, looking at the grand scheme of things, both at the gaming industry and Sony, it's painfully obvious that it won't. I'm not a hater or a fanboy. I'm just a realist.

Around the Network

I think you can find 80s for under that on ebay.

Slightly used?

Were those some of the systems that their dev's and and workers using???

Are they upgrading?

4 ≈ One

CGI-Quality said:
piningforthefjords said:
CGI-Quality said:
piningforthefjords said:

It's even funnier that people come in just to observe it, even though they have no interest in the material.

I have interest in the material. I want to see the PS3 succeed. I really do. But, looking at the grand scheme of things, both at the gaming industry and Sony, it's painfully obvious that it won't. I'm not a hater or a fanboy. I'm just a realist.

People who care for success don't speak/post in the form that you do. Judging from your post history, not just in this thread, you haven't proven that you looking for success from Sony.

Just being real.

It's called tough love.

CGI-Quality said:
piningforthefjords said:
CGI-Quality said:
piningforthefjords said:

People who care for success don't speak/post in the form that you do. Judging from your post history, not just in this thread, you haven't proven that you looking for success from Sony.

Just being real

I don't really think this shows that a 270 dollar PS3 will sell like gangbusters so much as a 270 dollar PS3 will sell like gangbuster when the alternative it 400-500 dollars. People will jump on deals simply out of fear that they will miss the deal.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.