By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sub $300 PS3 80gb Sells Out Instantly

stewroids said:
agreed, but im kind of afraid that sony won't cut the price...despite all the evidence we see, all the leaked photos, jack tretton and other sony executives keep on denying it

Lying is essential. If they do say that " Yes, a ps3 slim is coming this october at a price point of 250$" then people would stop buying current SKU's and wait until october. They don't comment on speculation or rumors.( That can turn out to be true) 

Around the Network

I don't see a $100 price cut coming this year, I'd expect a $50 cut around October.

I bet Sony bought them back to sell them as new units - costs less than manufacturing new PS3s ;) j/k

heres to a Slim holiday for Nintendo and Microsoft, dude if there is a Slim for 299.00 this holiday it will seriously kill the other 2, seriously!

If GT5 comes out with a price cut, Sony will no doubt dominate the holidays.

Around the Network

In the UK a retailer sometimes offers 40gb catalogue returns for £170, they sell out in a couple of hours.

That's nice for Sony.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Come on Sony do your miracle...give us a slim bundled with gt5 for 299...

^A Slim bundled with GT5 would not be $299. That'd mean the actual retail price of a standalone Slim PS3 would be somewhere around $249, which would not be smart.

LOL? Was that a joke vitoaf? The point of a bundle is to make the console more appealing by throwing the game in for free.... so no the standalone wouldnt be 249... it'd still be 299.