By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sub $300 PS3 80gb Sells Out Instantly

wholikeswood said:
leo-j said:
No no no, it cant be no, the ps3 is DOMED, it cannot sell out at $270, NOO

I'm looking forward to the day when you are vindicated for your confidence in a $299 PS3. :)

2012 will be sweet.  (hah just kidding.)

Around the Network

$299 PS3:

1.PS3

2.Wii

3.X360

:)

Long term people, long term! It doesn't matter what the sales spike to, it matters what the sales are 6 months after the price cut.

Tease.

I won't be too keen on a used ps3 or xbox 360 but it's great news.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

piningforthefjords said:
CGI-Quality said:
piningforthefjords said:
CGI-Quality said:
piningforthefjords said:

It's not indicative of anything. It's funny to see fanboys get so excited over a retailer selling a few used units of their console of choice at a price cut.

It's even funnier that people come in just to observe it, even though they have no interest in the material.

I have interest in the material. I want to see the PS3 succeed. I really do. But, looking at the grand scheme of things, both at the gaming industry and Sony, it's painfully obvious that it won't. I'm not a hater or a fanboy. I'm just a realist.

People who care for success don't speak/post in the form that you do. Judging from your post history, not just in this thread, you haven't proven that you looking for success from Sony.

Just being real.

It's called tough love.

Quit the excuses. Seriously, you can't hide the fact that you don't want Sony to succeed.. Just stop.

Around the Network

Well, I think that it pretty much proves that a 100$ price drop will increase PS3 sells by a LOT, will that be enough? maybe.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

i think a 100 dollar price cut will be really beneficial to sony and i don't think that it can be countered by microsoft in any way...the 360 is already so cheap, they cannot afford to drop the price any more...i say a year after the price cut, sony will close the 8.5 million gap to 4.5 if they release a slim bundled with gt5 or even mgs4 and killzone 2, as people still see those games as the main reason to own a ps3

this is interesting, not going to jump to any conclusions, but I think Sony can do a lot better if they bring the PS3 to 300 before the holidays.

299 PS3 with:

NA.europe:uncharted ,gt5
Japan:FFXIII,gt5

that could make Ps3's sell out.

with proper advertising campaign.

so what? If 1 place is suddenly selling something $100 cheaper obviously people are gonna eat it up. If they sell wii for $150 at best buy for 1 day you can bet people will be lining up outside the door.
Not saying a price cut isn't going to help but this doesn't mean anything.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X