By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dante's Inferno VS Bayonetta VS GOW III.

are all 3 availiable on ps3?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Taz! said:
waron said:

i will feel wratch of ps3 fanboy soon but, hell
Bayonetta looks way better than GoW3 and Dante's Inferno and it will probably own both of those games. both Dante's Inferno and GoW3 are casual and mainstream hack'n'slash games while Bayonetta is very simillar to Ninja Gaiden series gameplaywise which makes this game a better hack'n'slash title(it's not button masher like GoW series and lDante's Inferno after watching GT TV episode about this game).

Bayonetta is technical game and it will be for elite gamers that like challenging games. GoW series so far was for sissies and looks like Dante's Inferno will be the same.

not to mention the fact that Platinum Games already made better hack'n'slash on ps2 than both God of War games in both gameplay and style. so sorry, but Bayonetta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GoW3>Dante's Inferno.

just look at the combos from Bayonetta - there's like hundred of them depending on what guns and where are attached or what kind of weapon Bayonetta have(if i remember there are swords etc.). you have to master every kind of combination cause they have different combos while GoW and Dante's Inferno have just 2-3 weapons and maybe 12-20 moves including combos - that's not a real hack'n'slash game to me.

I thought you'd say that.

I guess combos is all that matter nowadays, not story (GoW3 wins), Graphics (GoW3 will win Imo), Fluent gameplay (GoW3 wins Imo), Characters (GoW3 wins easily), art style (GoW3 wins Imo).

You know, you've put your point across well but have you played the God of War games and followed the story? If so you should be alot more pumped for it than the other two.

most of those argument are not relevant in hack'n'slash games. most importat stuff is: learning curve, slick gameplay and fighting technique, hard to master fighting style and especially different fighting style(many weapons with unique fighting style), high difficulty level - GoW sereis had none of those so far.

how do you know that GoW3 will have the most fluent gameplay, best characters, art style(lol how anyone can say that something has best artstyle? it's the matter of people choice and individual taste). you're biased towards everything with sony/ps3 stamp on the cover and we know it so it was a given that you would attack my coment because i said what probably most real hack'n'slash games fans would said(i will laugh if i will get warn for acusing Taz of being a fanboy for this cause he clearly is).

i played all 3 GoW games and they all were meh if we're talking bout h'n's games. good action games, but definiely not good hack'n'slash games. lol at story argument - never knew that some people playing hack'n'slash games give a damn bout story. who would be pumped for a game that is basically GoW1 in hd?

sorry, but stop kidding yourself that you play h'n's game while playing GoW games cause if anyone think that this series is best example of h'n's genre then i can say that lightgun games are best example of fps genre. GoW is dumbed down version of h'n's game for kids and teens that wouldn't be able to finish even one stage in Ninja Gaiden 2 on lowest difficulty. the fact that i could play GoW on psp with one death(on jumping part when you have to do a double jump and i didn't get the timing right) on highest difficulty and 2 ps2 games on normal difficulty without dying on the first run just proves that.

Bayonetta is from makers of The Best H'N'S Game on ps2 which was God Hand and looks like it will be the only true h'n's game among those 3 upcoming games.

Kantor said:
Stan85 said:
Jalocin said:
Stan85 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Stan85 said:
If you have a 360 then Dante is for you.

If you have a ps3 then God of War 3 is for you.

I will get Dante and Bayonetta and just watch God of War 3 on the net,cheap and effective in these times.

I Feel sorry for u bro....

My wallet is not. Trust me,God of War 3 is a system seller,but is an expensive system.

There will be tons of games to buy in 2010 and buying a ps3 for just 1 game is wrong.

I saw Uncharted,Resistance and Killzone,good games but not that great. It doesn`t have the Gears,Halo or Fable feeling to them.

So don`t be sorry for me,be happy because I will use those money for more games.

I wonder why games you watched on the internet doesn't have the same feeling to them as games you have actually played..... <.<

Come on,don`t do this... I don`t feel the need to play Uncharted,Resistance 2 and Killzone 2...Is that a bad thing?

Everybody is different and prefer different games.

God of War 3 will be the reason to have a ps3...but it`s just a singleplayer game. I will watch it and move on.

I have a lot of games to purchase,I don`t have the money to waste on just 1 game that I will play just 1 time.

And trust me,Dante will be more violent and satisfying than God of War 3 because it`s a new IP...imagine when Ninja Gaiden was released on xbox 1...what an impact...when Ninja Gaiden 2 was released,everyone said ok...good...etc.

That was because Ninja Gaiden 2 wasn't as good as the original. Tell me, how many people were saying "okay, good" when God of War II launched? Killzone 2? Red Alert 2? Jak 2? Ratchet and Clank 2? Halo 2? The only time you say that is when the game does not live up to its predecessor, as is the case, you are correct, with Ninja Gaiden 2, and arguably Resistance 2, but that's 10 pages of argument for another time.

Are you really saying Gears and Halo are better than God of War because God of War does not have multiplayer? Does a game really need multiplayer to be good? None of the Zelda games have had multiplayer, no Team ICO game, Fable didn't (the sequel did, but let's not go there), BioShock... some of the best games of all time have been single player only. As for playing it through one time, who's making you? I played through Uncharted 4 times, and Shadow of the Colossus 3 times, and those were both games that people said "had little replay value" (that is, of course, if we are counting GameSpot editors as people which is debatable, but whatever). I say if a game is good enough, what's to stop you from replaying.

You can't compare Uncharted, Resistance (ugh) and Killzone 2 to Gears, Halo and Fable if you haven't played them. A game watched is never as good as a game played- if you had played Uncharted and Killzone 2, and not Gears, Halo and Fable, you would prefer the PS3 games.

If you don't want to get a PS3, that's fine, but never doubt the power of teh C3LL. Okay?

Or it will absorb you.

OT: GoWIII...that's a no brainer. Dante's Inferno wouldn't be here if it weren't for GoW

Skeeuk said:

Yup. It's like inFamous vs. Protoype all over again, except this time there are two Prototypes.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Waron.

U really hate Gow, i really doubt that kids are able to beat Gow 2 on Titan mode.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
is this a serious question for PS3 owners?

God of war III of course

xbox owners on the other hand ....

xbox owners who also owns a PS3 will enjoy GOW III.

I'm thinking it's going to be simple which answers you're going to get. PS3 fans will say GoW, Xbox fans will say Bayonetta or Dante's.

It's just like inFAMOUS vs. Prototype......when there are similar games coming, you're not going to talk up the one you can't play, and you will say that the only game you CAN play is the better one. Doesn't matter though, PS3 fans can play all of them

God of War III >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else
God of war 1 and II were awesome - a perfect combination of story, gameplay,graphics (not for idiots who button mash their way through easy difficulty though)
bayonetta and dante's inferno can eat kratos' shit.
Brutal Legend is an awesome exception...better than the other 2 games you mentioned anyway

Kantor said:
Skeeuk said:

Yup. It's like inFamous vs. Protoype all over again, except this time there are two Prototypes.

so that means ps3 owners can play one of the most anticipated games this gen, then after that they are also able to pick up 2 other promising looking games of a similar genre.

so id call that a win-win situation for ps3 owners. ps3 owners can pick from the 3 or play all 3.

its no suprise that only xbox owners are calling foul on god of war 3 simply because its not on thier system, there so predictable

for me god of war 3 looks the far more promising i cant wait to play it, then il mabey also check out dantes and bayonetta

if i had xbox only i would only be able to play 2 of them, so clearly yet again ps3 comes up best console.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

1. Bayonetta,
2. God of War 3
3. Dantes inferno!

= I need they all. Love the genre so its a deal!