By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kazunori Yamauchi Teases Us With GT5's 2009 Release Date Again

Couple that with the PS3 Slim looking ever so likely for this year as well, and Sony is about to enter gaming highway!

Around the Network
tedsteriscool said:
Akvod said:
tedsteriscool said:

He's such a tease *blushes*

Edit: Maybe they'll release GT 5 and GT PSP side-by-side since they seem to have features that work with one another?

No, GT5 will completely overshadow the PSP Go's and GTPSP's releases. I think that the best idea would be to allow beta/demo if you buy a PSP GO+GTPSP bundle, and announce the game's launch date at the same time. That way, people will talk about all three things and put their attention on them.

I thought the same thing but do you suppose they'll affect each other's sales that much? They're on different platforms, so it's not like they're competing for the same audience.

I didn't mean overshadowing in terms of sales (although I actually do think it will if you think about it), but in terms of attention/hype. PSP GO desperately needs hype in the mainstream and GT5 will only take away from it.

There's always room for poolish... but there comes a point where you have to stop and just release the damn game >.

4 ≈ One

They will delay an announcement for the release date until after GT PSP has released. GT is the big title to help the launch of PSP Go. Sony don't want it to get overshadowed by GT5.

Expect Sony to announce a release date in mid October, and for GT5 to be released at the end of November or start of December. Thats my prediction anyway.

I've never heard of a game having such a nebulous release date all of a sudden get an official release date a month before release. Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome, but come on. Does this sound like Sony's M.O. at all??? As soon as Sony has a vague idea of a release date, they trumpet it like no other even if the game isn't coming out for years.

And to anyone who believes GT PSP wouldn't get completely overshadowed by GT5, think again. Sony has said half of PS3 owners own a PSP. Then consider if you owned both a PS3 and PSP, would you spend $60 on GT5 and then $40-50 for GT Mobile? It just makes too little sense.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network
jman8 said:
I've never heard of a game having such a nebulous release date all of a sudden get an official release date a month before release. Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome, but come on. Does this sound like Sony's M.O. at all??? As soon as Sony has a vague idea of a release date, they trumpet it like no other even if the game isn't coming out for years.

And to anyone who believes GT PSP wouldn't get completely overshadowed by GT5, think again. Sony has said half of PS3 owners own a PSP. Then consider if you owned both a PS3 and PSP, would you spend $60 on GT5 and then $40-50 for GT Mobile? It just makes too little sense.

I was reading the neogaf thread and someone said something along the lines of a regular $60 dollar edition for GT5 and a Special Edition GT5 that would include a voucher to download the GT PSP off PSN......really seems like a great idea and that's probably what I would buy if they give me a good deal, like say $80 bucks.

I'll bet a mid-December release.

Right before Christmas.

3 FORZA'S RELEASED.

0 gran touismo's released.

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!????????

wHY are they focusing on the least popular handheld (psp) when they should be making sure the ps3 stops eating up all the profits and wasting all money from their gaming division?

CMoney said:
3 FORZA'S RELEASED.

0 gran touismo's released.

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!????????

wHY are they focusing on the least popular handheld (psp) when they should be making sure the ps3 stops eating up all the profits and wasting all money from their gaming division?

Like they care, the full Gran Turismo with the least amount of sales has outsold the entire Forza series thus far.

PSP may be "the least popular handheld" but its still has 50 million sales, which is 50 million potential buyers. Not to mention that Gran Turismo is a perfect launch game for any Playstation platform (PSPgo)

I wonder how much money GT5:P brought in...it may have fully funded GT PSP.