By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kazunori Yamauchi Teases Us With GT5's 2009 Release Date Again

Polyphony Digital's Kazunori Yamauchi has once again hinted at a 2009 release for Gran Turismo 5.

First Gran Turismo 5 publicising began with Citroën's GTbyCITREON car, and then Yamauchi stated that they could release the game any time they wanted.

Retailers supported a late-2009 release for the PlayStation 3 game and we'd predicted such an occurrence as far back as last year. However, the announcement of Gran Turismo for the PSP made us question whether Polyphony Digital could release two Gran Turismo's in one year.

Nonetheless, Polyphony Digital's head Kazunori Yamauchi is surely telling us that 2009 is the year of Gran Turismo, since he has reiterated his comments that the team can release the game whenever they want:

"We can release it [Gran Turismo 5] whenever we want, but we can polish it indefinitely," he comments in an interview with Jeux Video.

The French website has posted a teaser of the full interview, which will follow this Wednesday, with Yamauchi-san's comment occurring at its close.

Surely now we can give a sigh of relief, knowing that it's almost certain that Gran Turismo 5 will release in 2009?

OPEN ME

And we got this OPEN ME which puts GT5 around November 09

I wouldnt be suprised if it came out this year except more info at TGS

Play Me

Around the Network

I hope it comes out aswell. I want me some GT5

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Oh he's so confident.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

GamesCom is in August.

I expect it to be shown there, release date for late August, early September.

Aion said:
Oh he's so confident.

He has every right to be so confident.

Around the Network

GIVE US AN OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE ALREADY FUCKING HELL!!!

Cool.

He's such a tease *blushes*

Edit: Maybe they'll release GT 5 and GT PSP side-by-side since they seem to have features that work with one another?

Gran Turismo 5 this year? Oh MA GAWD - ( Shouts like a girl who saw jonas brothers...=/)

tedsteriscool said:

Edit: Maybe they'll release GT 5 and GT PSP side-by-side since they seem to have features that work with one another?

No, GT5 will completely overshadow the PSP Go's and GTPSP's releases. I think that the best idea would be to allow beta/demo if you buy a PSP GO+GTPSP bundle, and announce the game's launch date at the same time. That way, people will talk about all three things and put their attention on them.

Akvod said:
tedsteriscool said:

No, GT5 will completely overshadow the PSP Go's and GTPSP's releases. I think that the best idea would be to allow beta/demo if you buy a PSP GO+GTPSP bundle, and announce the game's launch date at the same time. That way, people will talk about all three things and put their attention on them.

I thought the same thing but do you suppose they'll affect each other's sales that much? They're on different platforms, so it's not like they're competing for the same audience.