By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Real War is between Wii and X360

S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Wii doesn't count. The 360 and the PS3 focuses on the same gaming userbase, while the Wii focuses on a new generation of non-gamers. The Wii doesn't count and besides it's not even HD.

That post makes no sense. The wii does go for the "hardcore". Also graphics have nouthing to do with
who competes who. If the wii was only for non gamers than we'll be seeing nouthing but minigames.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Wii doesn't count. The 360 and the PS3 focuses on the same gaming userbase, while the Wii focuses on a new generation of non-gamers. The Wii doesn't count and besides it's not even HD.

Man why would you even? Even ignoring the whole "man this correlation within this window is almost perfect", why would you start on the whole "The Wii doesn't count" thing? That doesn't even work!

Khuutra said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Man why would you even? Even ignoring the whole "man this correlation within this window is almost perfect", why would you start on the whole "The Wii doesn't count" thing? That doesn't even work!

Maybe he didn't read the post?

War has changed...

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

360 will never catch Wii, PS3 will most likely never catch 360 (while the 360 is still "alive").

Around the Network

@kowenicki & Squilliam
Well, I've used the last 10 weeks data on that link
http://www.vgchartz.com/chartsindex.php

I'd to evaluate for 12 months as well, but any idea how to get weekly sales like that one. I am a little confused with the new design, so I'd appreciate if you guys could help me with the relevant page.

@silicon
This is a simple correlation analysis between 3 sets of weekly data, which can be accomplished by any statistical package including excel. I agree 10 weeks of data is not sufficient, and although I appreciate the help from "famousringo", it seemed too tedious of a job to me to do that one at a time!

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Aion said:
RageBot said:
Wow, i've never, ever, EVER, saw someone this ignorant.

The Wii sold 20 mil consoles more than the 360 while being in the market for a year less than it, how can there possibly be a "war" between them?

Your the ignorant one, the tc is try to make a point, and its a damn good one.

Thanks man! Some people are inherently belligerent and try to WIN all the time with their offensive behaviors, even though this is not race or a competiton, simply exchange of ideas and friendly discussion.

kowenicki said:
the thing is... over the last six months studying numbers on a yoy basis, market share changes look like this...

wii down 5.62%
PS3 down 2.50%

360 up 8.12%

so that must also point the same way.. yes?

I think you can say that. I mean it looks like that intuitively. But one thing I have learnt from linear algebra in my grad student education is that intuition might be unreliable, lol :)

The PS3 has a better chance of catching the 360 then 360 catching the wii.

And there is no war, this gen is about finished as far as who's going to lead and finish last.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I applaud the original posters ingenuity. Well done indeed. Honestly I do not think we need a years worth of numbers. Which might average everything out, and actually obscure the trend. While it might be interesting to know when this trend began. The most important thing to note is that this is the trend right now.

This seems quite intuitive. In fact it seems obvious. Microsoft has to be making up more ground on Nintendo then on Sony. Their sales are up year over year. While Nintendo has had a steeper drop then Sony. Then incidentally or not we really need to think the war as between the top two rather then the bottom two. Especially if the effect is corresponding this well. It really doesn't matter if the battle is a foregone conclusion for a protracted period. The question is where the battle is today. Not necessarily where it has been for years.

Maybe we need to be talking Nintendo/Microsoft. The reality is that Sony hasn't put up much of a fight over the last nine months. At the very least Nintendo and Microsoft are more or less total opposites. The PS3 is more or less a expensive 360 clone at this point.