By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Real War is between Wii and X360

I think what you've found is a statistical anomaly, a coincidence inspired by the Wii's stagnation and the 360's last-price-cut-driven growth.

Extrapolate this across the last year, and you will probably find that its not the case at all.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I wonder if there was a switching point in this matter. In other words, has the $200 arcade (US price) made a difference in what people are picking. Since between that price point and a few selected games, the Xbox 360 can market itself to the more casual gamers -- something the PS3 really cannot do.

It would be interesting to see with more data.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

@ Mike
I was thinking along the same lines. This shows that, statistically, people are bound to buy a PS3 and wii, but they either buy a wii or a x360, or either PS3 and X360, but in a minor degree. It CAN mean that people sees the x360 as substitute to both consoles, but sees PS3 and Wii as complementary products( in the sense that having one don't stop you having the other).
That's good news for MS, since this is exaclty what they wanted, to be the cheaper option in the market and gain Market share from both opponents. For the PS3 is good too because they have one less competition(like I said here in the foruns before), but they still have a cheaper and similar console in the market to compete with them.

For the Wii, I reckon this late competition is a result of the drougth of titles and when NSMB, WSR and others hit the Shelves it will end. Like people said, this gen 1st place is settled.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

the wii is starting to slow down in,sales the 360 keeps selling
and the ps3 is also selling less every month then it did last year.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

@kowenicki

I'd appreciate that :)

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Around the Network

Lies the real battle is between the PS3 and XBox 360. Wii does not count remember it is not a HD console.

All consoles are going slow, the ps3 is doing way worse than the others, the Wii is just showing a lack of games, colours, bundles, price cuts; the 360 is selling nicely compared to the other 2.
I think that now the war is between Wii and Wii, while the 360 needs to keeps selling and preparing for Natal...another story for ps3, a console which sells bad and also isn't able to give profit.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

if you're doing correlations, you should also know that 10 weeks is not a significant enough sample. try again with 30 :p

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

These are Four sets of data with the same correlation of 0.816...get it?

Hephaestos said:
if you're doing correlations, you should also know that 10 weeks is not a significant enough sample. try again with 30 :p

sure, just provide me the data. The lack of compiled data is what I have been trying to point out.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates