By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tale of Vesperia PS3 has inferior graphic

CGI-Quality said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Soriku said:
Small difference anyway...

It is very small, honestly, but it is noticable on a relatively small TV, unlike most resolution differences. 720p, to 1080p(or 1080i) is indistinguishable to the human eye, unless you are setting with 5 feet of a 52 inch television. If you think you can tell the difference, you really can't. It's all about your perception that you are watching the best, and in reality there is no difference whatsoever. That's why 1080p is completely unnecessary for most gamers. Unless you have a 70 inch television and excellent vision, you can't tell the difference between 1080p and 720p, and for 1080i, you will only be able to distinguish the difference during motion blurring.

Also, most things don't produce a 1080p signal. Most satellites/cable networks only go up to 1080i/720p, and pretty much only DD and Blu-Ray allow for 1080p, which you  can't distinguish anyway(most people have 42 inch HDs, so the difference is indistinguishable to the human eye).

In fact, there is NO reason to EVER buy a television under 52 inches, that is over 720p, ever. You are wasting your money. Period.

HIGHLY disagree with that.

I'm also going to have to disagree with ZenfolderVGI.  While I think that the difference between 720p vs 1080p VIDEO is pretty much nonexistant for most people (including me), it is very clear to me when games are 1080p vs 720p.  While I can't always tell if it's not full 720p, I can tell when games are not 1080p.  The difference in quality is quite clear to me.

I've played plenty of games on my 37" LCD TV both in 720p and 1080p (I used to use my 37" TV as a PC monitor).  And there really is no contest between 720p and 1080p.  Hopefully the next round of consoles will be powerful enough to actually render in 1080p.

But if you (Zen) are talking about the fact that 720p vs 1080p is a moot point now because almost every game renders at 720p, then I could partially agree.  I still think it's worth it to go for 1080p for anything over 32" because of future consoles/content though.

I like how you act like 1280x720 vs 1280x576 is noticeable on even relatively small TVs, but 720p vs 1080p isn't very noticeable except on the largest TVs.  1080p is TWICE the pixels of 720p.  There's no way you won't notice that on a video game, where AA can only do so much to hide the game's rendering resolution.

Around the Network

so its comparing a cutlass sword with a rapier sword ?

looks like some loli pirate girl stole a lot of pixels.

PullusPardus said:
so its comparing a cutlass sword with a rapier sword ?

Yup... straight sword vs a round one..

I'm sorry but I find that highly unlikely. We'll have to wait to find what's true about this one...

Around the Network

LOL.... wtf is up with this comparison?

only difference in the pic is the scenery and weaponry.... hell it looks like they were photoshoped cut outta the 360 one and pasted on a different background

^^
idk Eurogamer just lost it.

all games released on every system gets a 7/10 , and they do THIS alot, but do anyone give a damn about Eurogamer anymore? (except metacritic that is)

How can it have inferior graphics? The freakin game is cell shaded.

id agree if they were the same sword how do we no if the 360 version of the same sword isnt blurry

360 sword is bigger = less blurr
PS3 sword is smaller = more blurr