By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tale of Vesperia PS3 has inferior graphic

.......Who.....cares....

People are way too obsessed with resolution.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Around the Network
mibuokami said:
badgenome said:
It's always funny to me that there are people who care about this sort of thing, but what do I know? To each his own.

I care: :) The extra content isn't such a big deal to me, (the VA is) so if I have to wait for another 6-8 month for the PS3 version and it doesn't come with the original VA, I'd rather get the 360 version, this is like tipping the balance with a toothpick.

Extra Content in PS3 ToV:

• Full voice acting
  • New playable character(Patty Fleur)
  • Flynn as a playable character
  • Tie-ins with Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike
  • New cutscenes
  • New subplots
  • New costumes
  • New bosses (Including the Sword Dancer)
  • New dungeons
  • New towns
  • New Hi Ougi/Mystic Artes (including a dual Mystic Arte with Yuri and Flynn)
  • New Skits
  • New quests
  • New sidequests
  • New songs
  • New Artes
  • Repede and Flynn as selectable on-screen avatars
  • Remodeled towns
  • A scene-skip feature
  • A Key Item known as the "Artes Ball," which allows characters to assign up to 8 Artes to the left stick, and 8 Arte Shortcuts to the right stick for a maximum of 16 Artes instead of 8.
  • Connectivity with Tales of VS
  • Pre-Order Bonus (Abyss Costumes for Yuri, Flynn, and Estelle)

...Full VA?

Namco, localize, please... =/

What do they mean with Full VA? Like every NPC speaks and stuff?

I tried the demo on PS3 and looks fine to me, haven't played it on xbox 360 though.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I can't understand how they just downgraded from 720p, this game definately isn't pushing either console graphically.

Around the Network

I can't understand that 576p stuff... it's PAL SD w/prog scan...

g-value said:
mibuokami said:
badgenome said:
It's always funny to me that there are people who care about this sort of thing, but what do I know? To each his own.

I care: :) The extra content isn't such a big deal to me, (the VA is) so if I have to wait for another 6-8 month for the PS3 version and it doesn't come with the original VA, I'd rather get the 360 version, this is like tipping the balance with a toothpick.

Extra Content in PS3 ToV:

• Full voice acting
  • New playable character(Patty Fleur)
  • Flynn as a playable character
  • Tie-ins with Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike
  • New cutscenes
  • New subplots
  • New costumes
  • New bosses (Including the Sword Dancer)
  • New dungeons
  • New towns
  • New Hi Ougi/Mystic Artes (including a dual Mystic Arte with Yuri and Flynn)
  • New Skits
  • New quests
  • New sidequests
  • New songs
  • New Artes
  • Repede and Flynn as selectable on-screen avatars
  • Remodeled towns
  • A scene-skip feature
  • A Key Item known as the "Artes Ball," which allows characters to assign up to 8 Artes to the left stick, and 8 Arte Shortcuts to the right stick for a maximum of 16 Artes instead of 8.
  • Connectivity with Tales of VS
  • Pre-Order Bonus (Abyss Costumes for Yuri, Flynn, and Estelle)

I have seen the list before, and unless there is significant plot deviation its not a big deal to me which version I get. The voice acting is, I'll wait years and years and years for the Japanese voice acting (yes my priorities are not normal).

mibuokami said:
badgenome said:

You don't care about the extra content of the PS3 version but you care about the graphics?????????

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

i find this BS.
celshading its not cpu intensive, even the wii can do that kind of cellshading.
look at no more heroes.
both don't have the same sword, the pixels look bad in both.

hatmoza said:
mibuokami said:
badgenome said:

You don't care about the extra content of the PS3 version but you care about the graphics?????????

He cares if the NA version supports Japanese voice (With english subs of course). Speaking both English and Japanese (Learning anyhow) I can see where he is coming now, but after Japanese lessons I do really get annoyed by the voices. So these days am never torn about hearing it in Jap or English.

Japanese lessons are extremely boring might I add.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."