By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shame on you if you didn't buy Madworld. You need to reconsider.

I am not that interested in Madworld, but I preordered "The Conduit". Either one supports great games from Sega. I also received "House of the Dead: Overkill" as a gift. I am trying to support great titles, but I was disappointed with No More Heroes and I think Madworld looks too similar.

Around the Network

Shame on me for not buying a game that I can beat in under three hours. Shame on me.

I saw it the other day for $29.99 and said to myself that it still isn't worth it at that price.

Maybe I'll buy it at $19.99. Maybe not. Shame on me.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

dougsdad0629 said:

I tend to play the games I like more than once through. I've played through each of the Call of Duty games' camapaigns at least twice, I've beaten Uncharted 4 times. I've beaten Medal of Honor Airborne twice.  I've beaten Mario 64 more times than I can count. I can totally see myself playing through this game at least 1 more time.

I don't, I have only replayed 4 games in my life (not including pokemon), now granted I have replayed those 4 games probably dozens of times but still.

I shouldn't have to replay a game, I should be able to if I want to but the experience of going from the beginning of the game to the end should be satisfying enough and worth the price of the game. I for one do not enjoy overly violent games, and would especially not consider picking one up that I've heard is short on story and gameplay. I refuse to purchase a game for the sole purpose to "support the developers" or "encourage such and such demographic on the wii" I buy good games that appeal to me (and so do most people) and frankly this doesn't appeal to most people. It doesn't cater to the main demographics of the Wii and those people that it does cater too are the type that want more than a measly 5 hours of gameplay, so to be blunt it deserves the low sales and had it been a better and more appealing game it would have done better.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Are you suggesting there are a large number of people saying "hm... should I get Madworld or We Cheer? I think I'll go with We Cheer!"?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I bought MadWorld and I SO VERY MUCH disagree. I found the game to be repetetive and focussed too much on being violent. I got bored of it really quickly. It had a really cool art-style though. I would recommend House of the Dead: Overkill over that one, from Sega; by a long shot.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I wouldn't say "shame on you" - Granted, I liked MadWorld, but I thought it was good, not great. I don't think anyone who doesn't pick it up is really missing much, though if you need a new game MadWorld may be a good choice. It's pretty cool.

I dig MadWorld's art direction, I don't care for anything else in that game. Also, I have no patience to immature games featuring ultraviolence. No thanks, but I am glad some one else is enjoying it.

I like it for a couple hours, but I eventually got bored with it and never beat it. I think I'm still at some haunted castle and just can't bring myself to keep going. Cool game, but it's a bizarre catch 22 of being too short and not having enough there to keep it interesting it for a very long time.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I pre-ordered this game thinking it would be a lot of fun, but I found it got really repetitive in the first 10 minutes. I have only played it twice since it came out. I do feel I owe it another go to see if I can get into it, but so far I think this is one of the most overrated games on the Wii. I don't say this to piss off the fans, if you like it, awesome, I'm glad, but I personally haven't found much enjoyment yet.

i rented it and it was a good game but.....i just couldnt get into it. i dont know, maybe it was way to over the top for me.