By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another Sony lie.

hey every body it boils down to this...When ever Phil gets up to talk from now on he needs to just bend over and talk to his butt first--this way we all know in advance he is talking out of his rear

Around the Network
Bonafide732 said:
removing backwards compatibility from the 40 GB is almost as bad as MS not including a harddrive on the core.....

It's far worse than the 360 Core.

How many Xbox and Xbox 360 games are currently out that don't work without a hard drive?  Are there any?

A 360 Core buyer can always buy a hard drive later on (including a cheap used one on ebay), someone who buys a 40GB PS3 can't pay $40 later to upgrade their PS3 when they decide they want to play God of War 2.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

I believe removing BC with PS2 games was a mistake, but I need to say that what Phil Harrison says does not reflect what SCEE might do.

He isn't in charge of any hardware. He's the software guy.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It still plays all ps1 games :D

Just not ps2 games :(

Oh well I guess about 100+ million people that own there ps2 will have to use it again if they want to buy a ps3 :(

mM
Dallinor said:
azzer100 said:
Before the 40GB PS3.

"Backwards compatibility, as you know from PlayStation One and PlayStation 2, is a core value of what we believe we should offer. And access to the library of content people have created, bought for themselves, and accumulated over the years is necessary to create a format. PlayStation is a format meaning that it transcends many devices -- PSOne, PS2, and now PS3" - Phil Harrison, Sony, December 2006.

Why sony? why? why must you be so silly?

They have offered it, in the 60GB version.

Why? oh why? do you have to make a thread about this?

lol thats funny

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network
GranTurismo said:
Who cares if the PS3 plays old games or not, if you want to play PS1/PS2 games you have the PS2.

What about those of us with broken PS2s?

Dallinor said:
azzer100 said:
Before the 40GB PS3.

"Backwards compatibility, as you know from PlayStation One and PlayStation 2, is a core value of what we believe we should offer. And access to the library of content people have created, bought for themselves, and accumulated over the years is necessary to create a format. PlayStation is a format meaning that it transcends many devices -- PSOne, PS2, and now PS3" - Phil Harrison, Sony, December 2006.

Why sony? why? why must you be so silly?

They have offered it, in the 60GB version.

Why? oh why? do you have to make a thread about this?

Why? oh why? not?

yeah and they're discontinuining the 60GB.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Some folks don't have the space to have a PS3 and a PS2. Why in the devil should I have to fire up my PS2 when the PS3 was supposed to do it for me? Wasn't one of the coolest features for the PS was backwards compatibility? By ripping it out to save money - Sony is telling folks 'We are soooooo desperate, we are giving you a gimped PS3 that will play our weak lineup of games.' As a prospective PS3 owner, no thanks. I would rather keep my PS2 and wait for a PS3 60gb at my pawn shop than spend $499 for something that has potential and hardly any games.

There's no need for me to comment any more. The numbers will do the talking ... when Sony looks and brags about the shipments - and sales tank hard as a pallet of bricks off the Empire State Building.

Then, I can't wait to see Sony (and their fanboys) work their spin ...

Does anyone know if they are planning on removing BC on all SKUs? I really want BC, so much more convenient.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

I think what most People seem to get confused with is sony and playstation. What I mean is yes i suppose in some way Iam anti-sony, but only the company itself, particuly the gaming division attitude. But I love my PS2, why wouldnt I? Its just a console and it would be ridiculas to hate a console.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend