By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Anyone ever try one of the "get a free gift" offers for a game console?

snooty89 said:
Very cool on the referrals thing. If anyone has a link to one please send me a link in a message. I hope you get your Ps3 kn, sounds like you put alot of time into it. I wouldn't mind trying one of those since I am a soon to be college graduate. Keep up with the updates. Nice thread.
  I will indeed keep you all posted... At least with this one, there isn't a giant black hole that everything goes into.  There is, in fact, a phone number you can call to get a person on the phone and talk to if you have an issue.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Also, sorry for comment spamming, but this is also an important note.

Go to brightspot.tv

You watch advertisements, typically 30 sec to a couple minutes long, and you get paid .25-.40 per ad. It goes towards Gamefly, Napster, or a couple other services if I remember correctly.

So for June, I just watched the maximum amount of ads in a month (You can earn $10 credit per month) and Gamefly was pretty much free.

Now I just put that money into Napster for easy-to-download music cause I'm bored and have like $30 of ad-watching reserved for when I have to pay for Gamefly again hehe.

How big is the add and does it have to be on top?  Is it something that can just sit in the corner?  Can you use the credit towards iTunes?

I am doing this now - totally awesome.  I haven't had to watch anything over 35 seconds long yet.  I'm halfway to my $10 and I only had to answer one question after each ad.  I've spent a total of 5 minutes so 10 minutes, $10 and I can get Gamefly for free - awesome!!!

PS - you can also use it on I-Tunes

kn you are indeed a cheap bastard lol.... but like you said that's the way to go to stock pile money if you don't do crazy cash at work... good job man.. I hope you'll get your PS3.... I might do the same to get one without financing the evil Sony company myself lol :P

I did this for my Wii. I got a $20 coupon book; a $9.99 per month subscription to Rhapsody; a $5.00 per month CD club subscription; and four inkjet cartridges for $20.

The site was "everyfreegift.com." I called them (that's right, make sure to get a phone number, they don't answer emails) to make sure it was legit. They said I could cancel the subscriptions after making the initial monthly payment.
So I did.

I still paid full price for a Wii on launch day, but a few weeks later got a check in the mail for $300. I don't think I would have gotten the check had I not called them about once a week after the Wii launched.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

Hey, if anyone is planning on signing up for gamefly any time soon, please let me know, I would be much appreciated. If you are, then http://friends.GameFly.com/r/bbe793d2db3b102a919d that would be the link to click, PRETTY PLEASE!!! If your signing up anyways, why not help me get a DS Lite, I want one really bad!!!

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Around the Network

Not to be bitchy, but this belongs in the Off-Topic discussion board ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

kn said:
scotland yard said:
It seems easier just to buy the damn thing...

Thanks so much for the insight. I actually hadn't thought about just going down to the store to buy one. Silly me. That isn't the point here. It's getting something for (almost) nothing.

Based on my liquid assets (cash, stocks, funds, etc.), I can buy approximately 1800 40 gig PS3s. It isn't the money. I'm just a cheap bastard and thought I'd give it a try.  And before you say "Damn, you got that much coin and you are trying to get a free one?!?!?"  Keep in mind that to get that much coin accumulated, all in one place, requires that you don't impulse buy non-necessary goods/services.

That was fantastic. 

Thanks for being the guinea pig for this kn. I'm gonna have to try this myself if it ends up indeed being legit

Currently playing: Civ 6

NJ5 why do yo have to be so bitchy

There are a BUNCH of these advertisers... thousands if you just google free playstation 3, free laptop, and so on. The majority, I suspect, are frauds. This one happens to be tied to a legitimate corporation. I also chose only "offers" that were from companies I knew and heard of so I had some level of recourse with them. My choices were a CD service run by BMG, an entertainment/coupon service run by Cendant Corp, Discover, Citigroup, and Experian (credit reporting agency). I knew that if the "free gift" ploy was a scam I could at least deal with the offers being legit companies... It's going to be early December before I know anything so hang tight until then...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I dunno, those kind of things seem like too much hassle for me.

The free Wii from Gamefly was an easy choice for me, cause I wanted to use Gamefly anyway.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )