By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Anyone ever try one of the "get a free gift" offers for a game console?

Soriku, sorry to be a jerk about this, but be VERY sure you are committed and organized before you even consider trying this. This isn't something for those not committed to spending the time and effort to keep very careful records and track everything like kn has done. If you don't think you can do what he has done, then don't do this. You'll waste money.

Around the Network

The current deal on Gamefly is earn a free DS Lite or 6 months of Gamefly if you refer 5 friends to Gamefly. Not as good of a deal as a Wii, but it's still a decent deal...it'd probably cost you about $50 or so to pay off your friends if you had to.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Hrmm. Well I've been looking at starting this (the same site that kn did) and it requires you complete 4 offers for an Xbox 360 Core...

Now, I would like an Xbox 360, but if I'm just getting the Core, is it really worth it? Should I go for the PS3 (5 offers) and sell it on eBay for the 360? Chances are I won't be paying for Live Gold with the 360 anyway, so I most likely won't need a hard drive, but what do you guys think? Which is the best method of getting a 360?

naznatips said:
Hrmm. Well I've been looking at starting this (the same site that kn did) and it requires you complete 4 offers for an Xbox 360 Core...

Now, I would like an Xbox 360, but if I'm just getting the Core, is it really worth it? Should I go for the PS3 (5 offers) and sell it on eBay for the 360? Chances are I won't be paying for Live Gold with the 360 anyway, so I most likely won't need a hard drive, but what do you guys think? Which is the best method of getting a 360?

I'm about a month and half max before I know if it is legit. My suspicion is that it's going to work out but we'll see... I wouldn't do it until then. On a quick side note, one of my offers was a citigroup mastercard. I thought it was 10 bucks they gave me, but it was $50. They gave me 6000 points for establishing the card which will get me a $50 gift card in a whole lot of different places... That was the citi diamond...

Also... one more VERY important note:  Make SURE that you create a new yahoo/hotmail/gmail account just for this and don't use it for anything else.  Obviously part of their income stream comes from selling your email address because the spam will start arriving in floods.  Don't ruin your regular email account. 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Yeah, I have a secondary gmail account already that I use to register for things that I know will give me spam. I guess I'll go ahead and wait it out and see how it works out for you. I'm not really in a hurry. I've got lots to play.

Around the Network

I usually don't have much faith in these types of programs...

lol, I'm still waiting on my free 5 Blu Ray disks (the legit one you see advertised everywhere bestbuy/amazon/etc), and I bought my PS3 the first week of August!

oh well...

I can't believe you opened 2 credit card accounts at the same time. I guess if you do not plan to get a house or get a car loan within the next year or so, you should be okay though.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

@ Delusional -- Sorry I missed your post. I have a credit rating of about 786 or so. I have a house that is more than 50% paid off and my asset to debt ratio (yes, that's backwards) is about 6:1 including my mortgage. I don't have any trouble getting credit and can pick and choose any lender I please....

That said, here is my update:

I got an email over the holiday that my whole process was "complete" and that my gift had "shipped". I don't have a tracking number or anything else other than a status of shipped. I'll give it a week as that is the longest it should take to ship since it would have to have come from the U.S. for region purposes. If it doesn't show up by then, I'll call in and find out the deal. At this point, though, things are looking pretty good. They told me it would take 6-8 weeks to ship once they "approved" everything. The approval was official on Oct 22 so it has been quite a bit less time than they originally stated. We'll see soon, I guess...

I hate trolls.

Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Ok, another update. I just called the customer service center to see if I could get a tracking number and they informed me that the distribution center was unable to fulfill my gift order with a PS3. I thought to myself, "great, this is where it falls apart...". Then she said, "However, since the distribution center does not currently have stock of the PS3, Netblue has sent a check in the mail via USPS priorty in the sum of $600 to your address". She said it was the retail value of the console at the time I signed up. I'll be watching the mail very, very carefully... If I get a check for $600 bucks... sheesh... I guess I could try to hunt down a 60 gig unit so I have 100% bw compatibility... It ain't over until the fat lady sings so I'll post back when I actually get a check and it clears the bank...

I hate trolls.

Final update unless there are other questions.... I got a check in the mail today from Netblue. I was floored. The letter attached says "Thank you for participating in our promotion..." It goes on to say something about my prize and it being from my participation in www.freegameconsoles.net but strangely doesn't mention cash in lieu of my "prize". Regardless, I spent a very small amount of money several hours of time, and got a check in the mail for $600.00. Not bad at all and you can confirm this particular marketing company as legit...

I hate trolls.