By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - why is super mario galaxy rated so high over all?

Who do you think you are? the Minister of fun?

Around the Network

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

i thought the controls were a bigger problem than the poor story or its graphics.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

First of all, Miyamoto doesn't WANT a story in Mario games, so if he says no, it's NO. Mario doesn't need a story, it would make the game LESS GOOD. Besides, bad graphics? The game has great graphics and design art. Seriously, this topic is full of fail.

Why is MGS4 rated so high? You have more cutscenes then gameplay.
Why is GTA4 rated so high? It's worse then gta: san andreas.

Answer those 2 questions please.

well you know L4D barely have "Stunning Graphics" and any storyline , how well did that do ?

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
First of all, Miyamoto doesn't WANT a story in Mario games, so if he says no, it's NO. 

you are miyamoto's spokesman?

I think reviewers feel obliged to give Mario games high scores. They haven't been bad but greatly over rated.

Super Mario Galaxy is simply the most fun game this generation, it doesnt need HD graphics or good story.

Soriku said:
Samus Aran said:
First of all, Miyamoto doesn't WANT a story in Mario games, so if he says no, it's NO. Mario doesn't need a story, it would make the game LESS GOOD. Besides, bad graphics? The game has great graphics and design art. Seriously, this topic is full of fail.

Not really. I mean just look at the Paper Mario games. They don't have the best stories, but they're better than SMG (and PM games are better than SMG :))

Yeah but look at Kingdom Hearts games, they have stories and are terrible games. (hopefully you see what I did there and realise why what you said is silly)

Soriku said:
Samus Aran said:

Not really. I mean just look at the Paper Mario games. They don't have the best stories, but they're better than SMG (and PM games are better than SMG :))

There's a difference between paper mario games and main mario games. Besides that's just your opinion, and not a fact. I only hear bad stuff about super paper mario anyway.