By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - why is super mario galaxy rated so high over all?

What baffles me is the lack of consistency. If reviewers want to give SMG perfect scores that's fine but don't grant the game concessions you won't afford others. IGN saw fit to 'overlook' the story element, lack of voice acting and minor issues with the auto-camera to give SMG a 9.5 for presentation and graphics - but the same people came down hard on 'mario-esque' Kameo on the 360, where chief in their comments was "the story is simple and not very engaging."

Around the Network

look people. it just pwnd k?

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Fumanchu said:
What baffles me is the lack of consistency. If reviewers want to give SMG perfect scores that's fine but don't grant the game concessions you won't afford others. IGN saw fit to 'overlook' the story element, lack of voice acting and minor issues with the auto-camera to give SMG a 9.5 for presentation and graphics - but the same people came down hard on 'mario-esque' Kameo on the 360, where chief in their comments was "the story is simple and not very engaging."

As much as I like the underrated Kameo, I certainly wouldn't call it Mario-esque. It's a fantasy action-adventure game, while I consider SMG to be a pure platform game...

The rating is a combination of its title, its creator, its smooth and enjoyable gameplay, its pleasant atmosphere, and the satisfaction felt upon completing the game.

trashleg said:
look people. it just pwnd k?

This. Also topic is obviously causing a lot of trolling and probably the whole intention of the thread, so before this gets anymore out of hand and pointless...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000