By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - why is super mario galaxy rated so high over all?

It could be that it deserves to be rated that highly. Maybe it is a great game.

Besides for that I've got nothing.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Judging by the reactions when some site gave zelda 8.6, it makes perfect sense to give nintendo games too high scores. Saves a lot of trouble and nintendo-fans propably just agree.

wow now even story doesnt matter to wii fans

anyway, why is GTA IV rated so high with crappy graphics and stupid story?

BladeOfGod said:

Of course it does not matter, if it is a wii game but if it happens to be halo for example.. then the story sucks! Quite logical.

If you're buying a Mario game for the story, you're doing it wrong. Sega has provided ample evidence in the Sonic series as to why Mario games should never have a complex story in the platformers. If you want a Mario game with a story, there are the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series. Mario isn't the only game where the story is basically a write-off. I've played a fair amount of Halo 3, but I couldn't tell you the story at all, except that Master Chief fell from the sky and survived.

As for the graphics. They are beautiful. They aren't being judged on the number of polygons in Mario's nosehair, but on how they look artistically, and how they work in the game.

Either way, I do feel Mario Galaxy deserves it's gamerankings score, but in the end, all is opinion. I honestly have no clue how GTA 4 managed to get so high, so if you feel the same about Galaxy, that's cool too.

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:

You deserve a  ban for this. Play zelda and metroid and then come back.

how can u say the graphics are bad? and the level design was just amazing and fun and the gameplay was the best so it deserves this score....

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Samus Aran said:
BladeOfGod said:

You deserve a  ban for this. Play zelda and metroid and then come back.

Stories in Metriod sucked IMO, Zelda has ok story but its nothing special

Manos said:
Judging by the reactions when some site gave zelda 8.6, it makes perfect sense to give nintendo games too high scores. Saves a lot of trouble and nintendo-fans propably just agree.

But that way they wouldn't have so many hits ;)

i loved mario 64. and sunshine. and galaxy.. but this game is over rated. its the same shit as the last 3 nothing has changed.

Should it be 97? No way but it should be close because it is fun. But points should be knocked off because im sick of finding 120 stars for the 3rd time (4th if you count the DS).

I would love a complete over haul of ALL mario and Zelda games like they did with metriod. im just bored of knowing how every thing will play out. i'd love for zelda to get RPG type elements that be cool. Mario should mab be open world. yea that be cool also.

Just my opinion dont bash me for it..