By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - why is super mario galaxy rated so high over all?

Because compared to Super Mario Sunshine (the Gamecube Mario Flaghsip title) it looks amazing and innovative.

Around the Network

Its a mario game. dont expect much of a story from it. It is also so much fun.

flagship said:
Because compared to Super Mario Sunshine (the Gamecube Mario Flaghsip title) it looks amazing and innovative.

Don't you dare knock off Sunshine.

Pixel Art can be fun.

When I play Mario like I have for 23 years I don't want to read a novel. I enjoy the great control, and galaxy has great control and the gameplay.

And why are you confused? I don't think you are confused you just don't like the game.

And the graphics are great HD or not

Around the Network

People being preoccupied on graphics is why gameplay is taking a backseat. The games while frustratingly difficult at times, were much better during the 8-bit and 16-bit eras.

That's just your opinion, I enjoy 3D gaming a hell of a lot more then 2D gaming.

Samus Aran said:
That's just your opinion, I enjoy 3D gaming a hell of a lot more then 2D gaming.

I'm not saying I don't like 3-D gaming. I'm just saying the gameplay was better, and more challenging before than it is currently overall.

you seem to be missing the point

I fail to see how gameplay was better, you have a lot more gameplay options with 3D gaming. Of course 2D gaming can be as much fun as 3D gaming(super smash bros, muramasa,etc)
I just like 3D gaming a lot more overall.