By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

now that's how you cheat properly

Around the Network

Cheating is when you do something that is wrong and DONT GET PUNISHED

What the player did wasn't cheating because he got punished properly, if Ghana had scored the penalty like they should have done we wouldn't be having this convosation

FootballFan said:

What the player did wasn't cheating because he got punished properly, if Ghana had scored the penalty like they should have done we wouldn't be having this convosation

Of course. Also, if this situation had happened with a player from the national team of the people complaining about it, they would be praising the player and his decision. 

If people want someone to blame, blame Asamoah Gyan for failing that penalty, and blame Mensah and Adiylah for missing their respective penalty shoot-outs, especially Mensah.

One of the first things you're taught when you're an Initiate on juvenile football teams is that when you're going to shoot a penalty, you never pull your leg entirely to the back. That's a clear denunciation that the ball is going to go to the side where you're aiming, since you can't put any other direction in the ball, as the leg has way too much force to change mid-way. 

That's why most of the top penalty scorers have all dissimulated tricks and techniques to score penalties, as to avoid denunciation.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Gotta admit here in holland we're happy that Suarez did that... The guy scored over 30 times in the Dutch league this season. Now he's out against Holland...

I'm a bit late but:  FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

We've beaten Brasil!!!!  I almost cried in 94 and 98 and remember those games very well, so this has got to be our WC!!!

Come on Holland!!! Make me finally fucking proud!!!

FootballFan said:

Whether you get caught or not, cheating is cheating.  Just because someone is arrested it doesn't mean they somehow didn't commit a crime.  This an odd logic you are following.

Anyway, I look forward to the next match.

Around the Network
SeriousWB said:
FootballFan said:

Whether you get caught or not, cheating is cheating.  Just because someone is arrested is doesn't mean they somehow didn't commit a crime.  This an odd logic you are following.

Of course, because clearly cheating = committing a crime. There's a world of similarities between them, especially when it comes to how the victims suffer. 

Because of course, robbed, murdered, raped victims, feel exactly the same as a player from a team who has been cheated /s.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
SeriousWB said:
FootballFan said:

Whether you get caught or not, cheating is cheating.  Just because someone is arrested is doesn't mean they somehow didn't commit a crime.  This an odd logic you are following.

Of course, because clearly cheating = committing a crime. There's a world of similarities between them, especially when it comes to how the victims suffer. 

Because of course, robbed, murdered, raped victims, feel exactly the same as a player from a team who has been cheated /s.

Yes, because what I said 'totally' compared the severity of both offenses right?

Good lord..

SeriousWB said:
lestatdark said:
SeriousWB said:
FootballFan said:

Yes, because what I said 'totally' compared the severity of both offenses right?

Good lord..

If so, then your previous statements holds no argument, for there's also no logical way to intertwine the arguments of cheating and crime too.

Trying to rate someone's logical thought pattern as being odd by using odd logics yourself isn't the right way to get your point through.

Current PC Build

SeriousWB said:
lestatdark said:
SeriousWB said:
FootballFan said:

Good lord..

In a sporting context, he faced the punishment for his crime. Maradona in 86" was my definition of cheating because he never got punished for his offense. I consider it to be if you cheat, you avoid justice. The Uraguay (or however the hell you spell it) player faced his punishment by getting sent off and conceding a penalty. The punishment led to the Ghana player having a brilliant chance to win the game, but he failed to convert his oppotunity. If it was on the edge of the area last man and he got sent off leading Ghana to have a free kick I would consider that cheating because he would have destroyed the realistic chance of Ghana scoring.

Anyway, I see what your saying with your argument. And, at the end of the day Gyan should have scored and Ghana should have been heading to the Semi final vs Holland.

lestatdark said:
SeriousWB said:
lestatdark said:
SeriousWB said:

Good lord..

If so, then your previous statements holds no argument, for there's also no logical way to intertwine the arguments of cheating and crime too.

Trying to rate someone's logical thought pattern as being odd by using odd logics yourself isn't the right way to get your point through.

I'm not sure how it's odd or even hard to comprehend.

If you do something, you have done whatever it is.  If you get caught, you have done 'something' and got caught doing it.  Being caught, does not somehow redefine what you have done.  Please tell me which part of this you're having trouble with.

Replace "something" with whatever you want.  The arguments of cheating and crime didn't intertwine at all, saying that just put forth a lack of comprehension. 

FootballFan said:

In a sporting context, he faced the punishment for his crime. Maradona in 86" was my definition of cheating because he never got punished for his offense. I consider it to be if you cheat, you avoid justice. The Uraguay (or however the hell you spell it) player faced his punishment by getting sent off and conceding a penalty. The punishment led to the Ghana player having a brilliant chance to win the game, but he failed to convert his oppotunity. If it was on the edge of the area last man and he got sent off leading Ghana to have a free kick I would consider that cheating because he would have destroyed the realistic chance of Ghana scoring.

Anyway, I see what your saying with your argument. And, at the end of the day Gyan should have scored and Ghana should have been heading to the Semi final vs Holland.

I agree he was punished to the rules justly, but I don't think that somehow makes what he did not cheating.  I find no difference between the Hand of God and this other than one was caught, the other was not.

I definitely agree that Gyan should have scored, he must be feeling absolutely terrible.  Who are you rooting for now?