By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

OH my! what a day!

Brazil is gone, oh yeah!

Man I'm sorry for Ghana, poor Gyan, he must be devastated.

I hope tomorrow's games are as good as today's :)

Around the Network

Haven't seen cheating going on.

Offenses and fouls yes. Cheating no.

How to cheat at soccer... use drugs? use 12 players? steal some distance when taking a free kick?

weaveworld said:

Haven't seen cheating going on.

Offenses and fouls yes. Cheating no.

How to cheat at soccer... use drugs? use 12 players? steal some distance when taking a free kick?

Using your hand to score a goal in a world cup quater final?

I will never forgive Argentina for that

lestatdark said:
FootballFan said:

Cheating is when you do something that is wrong and DONT GET PUNISHED

What the player did wasn't cheating because he got punished properly, if Ghana had scored the penalty like they should have done we wouldn't be having this convosation

Of course. Also, if this situation had happened with a player from the national team of the people complaining about it, they would be praising the player and his decision. 

If people want someone to blame, blame Asamoah Gyan for failing that penalty, and blame Mensah and Adiylah for missing their respective penalty shoot-outs, especially Mensah.

One of the first things you're taught when you're an Initiate on juvenile football teams is that when you're going to shoot a penalty, you never pull your leg entirely to the back. That's a clear denunciation that the ball is going to go to the side where you're aiming, since you can't put any other direction in the ball, as the leg has way too much force to change mid-way. 

That's why most of the top penalty scorers have all dissimulated tricks and techniques to score penalties, as to avoid denunciation.

I think I saw on discovery channel, that pro players do it naturaly, automatic, but when they are under pressure they kinda forget and think of how they have to shoot, that makes them fail.

lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
mr_capello said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:

there is no definition... just because some team is better on paper doesnt mean its more stronger... Italy is 100000X times better than Ghana ON PAPER but that doesnt mean Ghana didnt played better on this WC... just like goup G was the strongest group in the world cup...ON THE PAPER

It's a FACT now -  Group D was the strongest group in the cup!!!!!!

You can't do that definition like that, because it stills on paper too. You don't know how Ghana would do when put up against Italy, Brazil or Portugal. Just because they got through doesn't make them a stronger team. In order to define if they are indeed a stronger team you would have to pit them against all the other stronger teams, and that's virtually impossible. 

Anyhow, if you think that Ghana is stronger than Portugal, Italy, England and so on, then I don't see why our debate should go further, unless it will inevitably end with me laughing out loud. 

English, protugese and italians are on the airport and Ghana players are on training right now...why is that?

so you think ghana is better than england and all the other top teams that aren't in the WC anymore ?

ghana scored to goals through penalty shots because someone  played hand in the penalty box

I don't think that's that big of an achievement

they reached quarter finals - thats a big achivment. i dont see Italy, England and France in there, and they are all  ''stronger'' than Ghana. I bet Ghana could score at least 2 goals agianst those teams in regular time...

ROFLMAO. That phrase is even funnier than the derp ball picture

They barely managed to score against Serbia and they would score 2 against England, Italy, Portugal (one of the WC's best defense, even though we're eliminated) etc? You know what, keep them morals up, you've given the people of this thread a very good amount of laughs

Slovakia scored 3 goals against Italy, even New Zeland scored against them...yea, awesome defence, England recived 4 goals agianst germany, something only South Korea, North Korea and Australia managed to beat...again, awesome defence. Portugal has a good defence but i dont think they would have scored more tha 1 maybe 2 goals against Ghana

Around the Network

Luis Suarez is a national hero. He made the ultimate sacrifice by stopping a certain goal on the goal line. Great save by the striker for the way. Red card was well deserved. Forced Gyan to take a 70/30 penalty. 70% chance the penalty taker scores, 30% chance he misses. Too bad Gyan missed.

He made a team sacrifice and he helped Uruguay win. Yes it was an intentional handball but it helped saved Uruguay. Penalty shootout was a  dramatic way to end the match. Best match of the tournament, eclipses the Holland-Brazil match. 

lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:
PS3beats360 said:

Brazil were the World Cup favourites, over hyped, over rated. They clearly deserved to lose and exit the World Cup. Brazil played the man instead of the ball and should of been reduced to 8 players in the end. Dirty reckless team who could not handle defeat. Brazil exit the World Cup in a disgrace. They only lost by a goal but they were smashed in the second half.

Well deserved 2-1 win by the Dutch.

No way man. Im happy Holland won but they didn't deserve it in that match against Brazil.

Brazil was much better, but not only that, Holland was the team that played a bit too dirty, they played far too rough and they had the referee on their side.

Brazil did well in this tournament, they got nothing to be ashamed of.

Holland will be dangerous in the final though, obviously. This is their chance to write history.

Holland - Spain 2-1 in extra time, I hope.

Erm.....what were you watching?

This referee was one of the best over the whole WC. Just because it didn't signal every touch on Brazil players =/= bad referee. Yes, Brazil is a team like every other, shocking isn't it? 

Also, Holland played dirty? Yes, there were some forced dives here and there, but there was also some brutal tackles from Brazil's players, especially on the second half, when they found themselves on the losing side.

Brazil played better for the entire match? I guess you saw a different second half than the rest of the world, since Brazil got down on the ropes until the last 10 minutes when they found themselves in the need for scoring a goal. Holland had enough chances to finish the game 4-1 at least. 

the referee was OK for the most of the time, but he should have given  penalty to brazil in 25th minute, when that holland player comitted a faul against Kaka

SeriousWB said:
NJ5 said:
SeriousWB said:
NJ5 said:
SeriousWB said:

What a ridiculous handball, I feel very sorry to Ghana. Uruguay didn't deserve to win.

Ridiculous? More like brilliant.

Football also has a strategy, it's not just tactics...

Sorry, but I'll never condone cheating, nor will I sugar the pill by calling it strategy.

Why is it cheating? He didn't try to deceive anyone, he just willingly defended a goal the only way he could, fully knowing and accepting the consequences.

Which happened to be a handball.  He cheated, and he was punished.  Since you asked why I consider it cheating, do you think he shouldn't have been punished?!

I think he meant the "Uruguay didn't deserve to win" part, not the "punishing the player" part.

I am not a sport fan, never was, and never will be, but I have to say that this is one of the most awesome thing I have ever seen. I dont care what is going to happen next, or what happened before in the World Cup.

Some called it an "Shameful act", others an "Heroic act". I called a "Go to Hell Everything Goes" Instinct.

120 1 Minute of the game, after two attacks, a third intent passed the goalkeeper, passed your fellow players, and you are the only man, between the ball, and the net. Guys, what he did was wrong, but if you put yourself in his shoes, you know you would do the same. Whoever say the contrary, it's lying to himself.

Uruguay did deserve to win. And they don't deserve it, because of that foul, but they deserve it for the other stuff they did right in the game, and also for the mistakes of the other team.

pastro243 said:
lestatdark said:
FootballFan said:

Cheating is when you do something that is wrong and DONT GET PUNISHED

What the player did wasn't cheating because he got punished properly, if Ghana had scored the penalty like they should have done we wouldn't be having this convosation

Of course. Also, if this situation had happened with a player from the national team of the people complaining about it, they would be praising the player and his decision. 

If people want someone to blame, blame Asamoah Gyan for failing that penalty, and blame Mensah and Adiylah for missing their respective penalty shoot-outs, especially Mensah.

One of the first things you're taught when you're an Initiate on juvenile football teams is that when you're going to shoot a penalty, you never pull your leg entirely to the back. That's a clear denunciation that the ball is going to go to the side where you're aiming, since you can't put any other direction in the ball, as the leg has way too much force to change mid-way. 

That's why most of the top penalty scorers have all dissimulated tricks and techniques to score penalties, as to avoid denunciation.

I think I saw on discovery channel, that pro players do it naturaly, automatic, but when they are under pressure they kinda forget and think of how they have to shoot, that makes them fail.

Oh of course, pressure can always destroy any player's focus, no matter how professional or good they are. One thing that helps to prepare somewhat for the intensity of penalty shoot-outs, is one thing that a lot of clubs do.

After a long training period, sometimes coaches will do an impromptu penalty shoot-out, when players are physically exhausted from the training. The punishment for those players that fail the penalties is another half an hour of running around the field. It may not be the same pressure as having to score a penalty in an elimination game for the WC, but it's a damn effective tactic

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

The foul by Bastos on Robben just before the equalising goal in the 53rd minute should of resulted in the second yellow card and sending off of Bastos. Late, dangerous tackle and no realistic attempt at winning the ball. Later on Dani Alves clearly elbows  the  Dutch player but gets away with it. Brazil were lucky to finish with only 10 men on the football pitch. The stomping of Robben by Mello in the 73rd minute  was a dog act- red card was well deserved.