By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Most important XBLA game this year released!

Splosion Man ftw

But war... war never changes

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Eh, don't care about Monkey Island at all. I played one of the older console versions before and I didn't like it.

I'm guessing you're talking about Monkey Island 4? Escape from Monkey Island the only Monkey Island game to be released on PS2. Personally Monkey Island 1 and 2 are my all time favorite, and can't really be compared to later Monkey Islands. Without the original circle of writers, Gilbert, Grossman, and Schafer the series isn't quite as good. Monkey Island was originally planned to be a 3 part game series, but they only got to work on Monkey 1 and 2 before Gilbert left and and Grossman+Schafer worked on other games. Monkey Island's true ending is yet to be revealed =(

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Grahamhsu said:
outlawauron said:
Eh, don't care about Monkey Island at all. I played one of the older console versions before and I didn't like it.

I'm guessing you're talking about Monkey Island 4? Escape from Monkey Island the only Monkey Island game to be released on PS2. Personally Monkey Island 1 and 2 are my all time favorite, and can't really be compared to later Monkey Islands. Without the original circle of writers, Gilbert, Grossman, and Schafer the series isn't quite as good. Monkey Island was originally planned to be a 3 part game series, but they only got to work on Monkey 1 and 2 before Gilbert left and and Grossman+Schafer worked on other games. Monkey Island's true ending is yet to be revealed =(

Indeed, the fourth game wasn't fantastic, mind you it wasn't bad either it just lacked the more sharp humour of he first two.

As for Shadow Complex I do wonder if it really is going to drive sales outside of one title.  Lucasarts have a huge catalogue of excellent games they could remake if they chose and the vast majority are AAA material.  I'm desperate for this title to succeed so they may consider porting, Monkey Island II, Sam And Max, Day Of The Tentacle and perhaps even Maniac Mansion amongst many others.  Looking further afield from point and click adventures there is Xwing and Tie Fighter which would be awesome.

outlawauron said:

I think you should play Monkey Island 1 or 2 because Escape From Monkey Island (the ps2 version) isn't a "good Monkey Island" game. Maybe this remake will be good for you.

I mean, is it really all that different?

I dunno if I want to spend more money, because I just bought the Gears 2 expansion.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

I dunno if I want to spend more money, because I just bought the Gears 2 expansion.

Augh! Lucky bastard!

I saw it on sale last night for 800 points. I picked it up real fast.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Yeah I downloaded it as well. I used to play this with my father. Well he played it and I watched it and tried to read what they say on the screen. (I just learned to read, I was that young) I always asked him to slow the text down a little bit, so I can catch up.

Now I downloaded this and we played it. His English is not good enough to understand all of the context, so he asked me to add German subtitles, so he can catch up. This is kind of crazy when you think about it.

Anyway great game. Monkey Island is probably my Mario.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

outlawauron said:
I mean, is it really all that different?

Try the demo then if you're not sure, thats what its there for.

i remember having the old ones. though never finished it.