By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Most important XBLA game this year released!

533MB is pretty big. Battlefield 1942 is 559MB. I don't think I ever played Monkey Island. I'll give it a try.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
outlawauron said:

I dunno if I want to spend more money, because I just bought the Gears 2 expansion.

Augh! Lucky bastard!

Oh wow, I realized just now how lucky I was. It's not on there anymore and I picked it up at half price!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

You didn't even know? That makes it worse.

badgenome said:
You didn't even know? That makes it worse.

lol. I'll probably put up an article about it later today.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Sales have been good for Monkey Island SE. Depending on the new games coming out the rest of the month, I would say it's a lock for the Top 10 for the month.

Sales looking like this (projecting on current July releases):

Battlefield 1943: 200,000
Worms 2: 90,000
Monkey Island SE: 80,000

Going to be a VERY good month for sales on Live.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

@mrstickball

Really wish I knew how you calculate all that. The current total gamercards on MGC for Monkey Island stands at 6,123 total. Care to divulge how you get 80k?

EaglesEye379 said:
@mrstickball

Really wish I knew how you calculate all that. The current total gamercards on MGC for Monkey Island stands at 6,123 total. Care to divulge how you get 80k?

I could be wrong here but I thought those scores on MI:SE were those players that completed the game

piggychan said:
EaglesEye379 said:
@mrstickball

I could be wrong here but I thought those scores on MI:SE were those players that completed the game

Once you buy the game and sign in online, youre in that total.

EaglesEye379 said:
@mrstickball

MGC only represents a fraction of the XBL user base. Although it's used in the calculations, there's a lot more to consider when extrapolating sales from MGC:

• When the game was release
  • Genre of game
  • Comparables

In the case of Monkey Island, 6,123 users have bought it in 3 days, as per MGC. Since I've worked with MGC numbers for almost 2 years now, I can somewhat safely extrapolate numbers based on MGC vs. actuals and/or leaderboards (if they are valid).

In Monkey Island's case, it'll look like:

30,000 first week (first ~3 days)

30,000 second week (next 7 days)

10,000-15,000 third week (ending the month)

Total: 70,000-75,000, maybe more. It really depends on how the legs go. I'd say 70-80k would be a good number for ME. But things have been crazy lately, so it may be a little less.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

@mrstickball

Interesting. Seems to me you are applying a factor of ~5 for MGC vs. actuals for upfront sales. Looking very good if they can reach $1m revenue by August end - quite a stash for this little old game :) I am very optimistic of more Lucasarts classics making their way to XBLA.

Not so good for Madballs/Tour de France 2009, which are both doing ~5% of what Monkey Island is doing at the moment.