By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Most important XBLA game this year released!

got this on day 1 . love it and just got all the achievements.

Main gripe about this is the auto save is hella annoying especially when it kicks in when characters are talking.... it just locks for like 13+ seconds...

anyway I love the switching between the old and new graphics on the fly

Around the Network

@piggychan

Thats really strange, there was no delay for me on my whole first playthrough. In fact I didnt even realise they were autosaving until I saw the autosave file.

I think the auto save is much quicker with the memory unit if you got one.. but when it writes to the hard drive... >____>

"I am rubber, you are glue"

piggychan said:

I think the auto save is much quicker with the memory unit if you got one.. but when it writes to the hard drive... >____>

"I am rubber, you are glue"

It's because you're logged into XBL. It makes accessing the HD much slower. :P

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

slowmo said:
Hisiru said:
EaglesEye379 said:
outlawauron said:
I mean, is it really all that different?

I dunno if I want to spend more money, because I just bought the Gears 2 expansion.

I couldnt recommend enough that fans who played the original really should get this as well. Firstly because of the voiceover (the original had none), new graphics, and reliving the memories. Secondly because we want to see the other Monkey Islands and other Lucasarts adventures on XBLA. Thirdly because its only 800 MS points which is an absolute steal if you ask me.

This game is really cheap but I finished the original. Do you think I should buy this remake?

Yes, especially if you enjoyed it the first time round!

Thank you!

@piggychan:

Achievements for Monkey Island? How this works? :O

Around the Network

@ ZenfolderVGI @_@ meh I'm far too lazy to log out of XBL everytime I'm gonna play ME:SE

and @ Hisiru the majority of the achievements are story related, doing things a certain amount of time or how quick you do it...

piggychan said:

and @ Hisiru the majority of the achievements are story related, doing things a certain amount of time or how quick you do it...

Awesome!

Fun fact:
Boris Schneider-Johne, who today works as Microsoft's Xbox Product Manager in Germany, did the German localisation of Monkey Island in 1990 (between '87 and '92 he also localised Maniac Mansion, Loom, Zak McKracken, Monkey island 2 and both Indiana Jones adventure games).

His localisations of LucasArts' adventure games are excellent and quite famous among German adventure fans. A few days ago while playing the Special Eidtion on his 360 he realized that LucasArts did not only use his localisation for the German subtitles of the SE (without informing him), but they also didn't mention his name in the credits of the game. http://www.dreisechzig.net/wp/archives/1741

Poor Boris...

oh Okr I noticed that at the giant monkey head where there are those mini idol statues.. in the old version there was a Sam & Max statue but in the new one it's been replaced with a Day of the Tentacle statue... I hope that DoTT along with Monkey 2 will get updated onto XBL ^___^

I love the old lucasarts point and click games. They really were the best in the genre at it.

I'll definitely buy this when I make some moneys.